Made it home somehow!

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the rally last year I got my death wobble all fixed and tight with new I beam bushings and radius arm bushings, new shocks, airbags. Front end was in great shape, although only aligned by me, as couldn't find a shop that this pig could fit onto alignment rack (cause good forbid anyone work on the icky yucky ground!!)

On the way to pick up a customer car tonight fuel filter light pops on. Then right when I get off the highway, truck dies as I'm coming to the light.

Next I'm going up a hill and the clutch suddenly slips and I can smell it! Oh no.

Then when I get to customer house to pick up the car that needs a head gasket, I also find out they want me to also fix ball joint. Great, more money!

But the lower ball is completely snapped off haha. So 2 hours later and a strap and dolly solution that is not pretty but worked, I'm on my way home and out of scenic Rahway.

I'm on 9 and the roads are garbage. Death wobble returns, as I'm slowing down, it stalls.

Made it home and even backed down my long driveway with clutch protesting the whole way.

Going to do research on best clutch for towing, and it's way past time for me to send pump to Conestoga.

And also time to find what's going on in front end again.

We really do have the worst roads in the country, and 75% of my income on Japanese and American vehicles is suspension so...

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a LuK 07-225 SMF. It's not the clutch that slipped, it's the friction "torque limiter" disc inside the dual mass flywheel itself(which means you have to replace the flywheel, not just the disc). They seem to slip worse once you get everything hot.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a fan of LUK clutches also. Never had an issue. Good feel and hold well.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats quite the tow lol. im surprised you keep having front end issues. ive had or driven several tib trucks and never experienced that.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably a combination of NJ highways and their insane potholes and the of new "quality" front end parts.

What is going to be hard is fitting in repairing my only tow vehicle in between work and momming and beekeeping haha. My centurion will never be finished at this pace, but I chip away at it when I can.

notenuftime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LUK SMF i put one in my truck a year back and it's been great. Don't be alarmed over the extra noise it makes.;)

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you’ve got a good fuel system it won’t make much noise. X “however many” for the LuK kit. Just get the right one. Factory turbo vs factory NA are different balances.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you running a stabilizer?

You must be registered for see images attach

Mine is a double that’s actually for a superduty I think. For rough road issues it might help.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you running a stabilizer?

You must be registered for see images attach

Mine is a double that’s actually for a superduty I think. For rough road issues it might help.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online