LPG

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
I read somewhere unturbo'd IDI's do not get very much of a kick from propane as the DI turbos.

any truth to this? I'm looking for a lil extra power on the truck without the expense of turbo's.

figure I'd ask those that know :)

stay cool
dp

Nickbf2504x4

ATV Racr-IDI Driver
Reaction score
DeepRoots said:
I read somewhere unturbo'd IDI's do not get very much of a kick from propane as the DI turbos.

any truth to this? I'm looking for a lil extra power on the truck without the expense of turbo's.

figure I'd ask those that know :)

stay cool
dp

you get a little, i had my lpg set up operating before my turbo...but with a turbo it works better and is much more fun
;Sweet

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
ok that answers that.
I'll keep my eyes open for a used turbo before I get interested in the propane.

thanks
dp

JPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the concern was adding more fuel (LPG) without adding more air could increase exhaust temps beyond the limits. ????

Nickbf2504x4

ATV Racr-IDI Driver
Reaction score
not at all...the propane setup on while my truck was N/A had no effect positive or negative on my egt's :D too much would cause a nasty knock...preignition :puke:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Propane on a non-turbo can reduce smoke levels and increase milage IF you don't push down on the pedal harder then before. Of course, now your burning propane, so any milage savings are questionable. EGT's are always a concern. Eziekiel had NA propane, as does Zigg and many others. It is THE only real NA performance enhancement.

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turbos seem to be the common denominator with power. You can mess around with other add ons, but by the time you figure in the expense of the stuff, you probably could get a H-max on the truck and see real power gains, and there will be no questions if the truck is better. You will feel the power, NOW. Scotty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajuka

Members online