Low compression and heavy oil use

oregon101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 93 crew cab I recently bought has a tired motor and I need advice on options. It has 355k on it, compression ranging from 280-320, and is burning a quart of oil every 100 miles. I have used Mobil Delvac, Delo and am currently using Mystik with no change in oil consumption. It still runs and drives well but pours out the gray smoke when under a load! I am considering trying an Auto RX treatment or having the engine rebuilt. Any other suggestions?

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here lol. I don't really care anymore. It starts when i hit the key and pulls my traailer. Hopefully this week it will be getting a7.3 turbo motor.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's great stuff for any thing over 100,000 miles sure cleans the engine out. Used it on three diff, one truck and two cars, oil stays nice and clean for quite awhile. Engine runs quieter. Use just regular dino oil, synthetic doesn't work well with the RX.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone think it is worth trying an Auto RX treatment?

Yes, do it. If it gets better, throw a party ;Sweet If it gets worse: you know your motor really is tired :puke:. I have 245ish on my 7.3 and a double dose of AutoRX really helped. I was shocked and endorse it as the best motor treatment I have ever used.

By the way: I am up in Vancouver but in Salem regularly.

R. J.

Last edited:

86F2506.9

6.9 International
Reaction score
my truck has 438,000 0n the motor and i cant say its been like that mines been runin strong and put head gaskets and head studs on the truck at 400,000 the only issues ive had were injectors

oregon101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Come payday I am going to order some Auto RX and run the two phase cycle. As little as I drive this truck it will take 6-9 months to reach two oil changes! I will keep everyone posted on the results.

oregon101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know you and you know me! I used to work at the Schucks store in Keizer. We have talked several times at my work. It is a small world!:D

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Auto Rx is great stuff. I wouldn't hesitate to run it in anything to bring compression back. My oil consumption went from a quart every 500 miles to 1500 miles. Good stuff!

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I'verevived a few diesels from the boneyard with that stuff. I'ts amazing. I've measured compression on a few holes go from around 135 to over 430! If it doesn't do the job,you have MAJOR mechanical problems, but at least when you go to rebuild the thing, you will have a spotless engine inside o work on and you will not even require use of a ring groove cleaner ;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online