Looking for advise on choosing Injectors for hot shot truck with twins, cam, orings.

what hp range would have for towing with twins?

• stock-25 HP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 25-40

• 40-60

• 70-80

• 90-100

• 100-110

• 110-120

• 120-130 I plan on pulling the world in another orbit

• Total voters

smokn bio

Work Truck!
Reaction score
:dunno I am looking to figure out what size injectors to run. I haul mostly around 24,000 lbs but can haul up to the low 30's but stay off the passes with this kind of weight. so a little about my truck

:yell:2001 DRW 3500
new engine being installed and new vp w/ fass
helix 2 cam shaft
o ring heads and studs
balanced to 1/2 graham
edge drag comp
smarty
pdr 35 over a ht3b set of twins
really built auto not my a week point
3:55 gears 235/85r16 tires

now just to figure out what size injectors to put in the engine. I am to make a great tow rig I can watch my temps I have enjoyed my 450 HP truck and been able to tow. the injectors i had been running are around 160 HP but I do think they are to big.

Anyway hoping to hear about your real life lessons Thanks Bobby:D

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I would back off the squirters a little - it's very easy to get on the bad side of the heat with larger injectors and towing and it's very hard to shed that heat. I would much rather be a little under powered when towing than far over... wow did I just say that but in my experience it just seems to be a little easier on the driver if she can't get away from ya egt wise.

smokn bio

Work Truck!
Reaction score
okay two votes where are all the people? I was thinking I could get away with 90 HP I would go bigger but I would like to know if it is just wasted fuel and heat. I like to run hard but better fuel mileage lets me run hard longer!!!

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
It's all perspective and conjecture. I personally don't have a clue and don't have any experience with a build. Course, I'm not sure how you're legally dragging 24k or more with a 1-ton either.

smokn bio

Work Truck!
Reaction score
Large three axle trailer dually truck. Lic. and tonnage for 30K If I have all the weight distributed correctly I can axle out 28.5K in WA per tire size size and bridge law's
Some enforcement guys give me crap about the door sticker of 12k but my KW shows 60k and it hauls 105,500 all the time. they loose this argument but try hard. you do havve to be commercially lic driver and have all the same laws as the big trucks.

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
If the truck is rated for a max GVWR of 12k (meaning the frame and brakes are capable of carrying and stopping that load) how do you get around the laws? I don't understand how trailer capacity and license status have anything to do with the ability of the truck to safely tow the load.

I know I've hauled hay far in excess of the truck's rating but I wasn't hauling commercially so DOT isn't as concerned. If you're hauling commercially though I'd think DOT would be all over that. How do you win the argument?

smokn bio

Work Truck!
Reaction score
that is the rated capacity of the truck and its braking system.
( truck fully loaded towing a trailer with no brakes, what the truck can handle fully loaded and say a trailer that used only the trucks brakes )
The trailer adds its own GVWR to the mix. The truck is lic as a combination unit and trailer to. this brings the totals together

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online

No members online now.