Looking at an Excursion

jdw7.3

Reaction score
Any of you guys no the good and the bad with these trucks? I have an IDI now but i am thinkin of getting something else. ANything to stay away from when buying used? I am looking at bith the 6.0 and the 7.3 powerstrokes.

BJS

Reaction score
There's nothing really wrong with them. I have a custom conversion that's essentially the same thing except w/ the body style prior to the superduties. The earliest 6.0's are somewhat of a gamble as you'll find about 50/50 that love & hate(d) their early ones.

Plan on spending some money on sway bars, and prob stonger rear springs to help eliminate the lumbering wagon feel. Ford equipped X with very soft springs in the rear which when loaded leaves you with a sagging rear and unloaded an immense amount of body roll.

The X forum @ SDD has a bunch of guys that will be able to tell you all you want to know about the nuances of the X.

If you don't care for the SD body style w/ the X you can look for a 4door bronco.

JohnBoyToo

Reaction score
Had three of the Ex's...
02, 03, and 05...
the 02 had a tranny failure and I got a replacement 03 from Ford...
the 03 and 05 have been great !!!!

good luck...

www.sdd.com

nmu1974

Reaction score
I have a Eddie Bauer 2003 7.3 litre, 65,000 miles without any problems - knock on wood. I never did anything with the suspension because after all, it's a truck. If I wanted better ride and road handling I would buy a Porche. But you can't drag along almost the entire high school basketball team, or carry a cord of firewood, or use it to sleep in when camping, in a Porche.

JohnBoyToo

Reaction score
Oops...
see the memory IS the second thing to go :)!
especially when u use shortcuts(favorites) all the time :D
thanks for the correction

PARKESPOWER

Reaction score
I HAD A X 7.3 BEFORE THE WIFE. WE THEN SCALED BACK TO AN EXPEDITION 5.7 AND F-250 7.3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online