Looking at a TDI

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my truck but sometimes its hard to cram 3 people in there and a dog :p. Anyway, what ive found is timing belt needs to be changed 60k miles (one im looking at has 93053mi) And manuals get better mpgs than autos (one im looking at is auto :puke:) but it does have tiptronic or whatever that clutchless manual is called. It would mostly be used for city, since I live in a small town with 2 highways (60kph speed limit). Its from a repo dealer in the lower mainland, in my head if the people cant pay the bills they most likely dont give a **** about maintanence but my uncle bought a ram from there and its been pretty reliable (uses it to haul garbage and waste wood) and my dad just bought a 325 which seems to be good (have yet to bring her home). So I think giving her a good look over before thinking of buying is a good idea bc there so expensive to repair. What do you guys think would be good to check, compression, fluids...?

http://burnaby.repo.com/report/42674

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Cant view the link. What year is it? Auto's older than 2004 stay away from...they are garbage (they make stock E4OD's look great). Yes manuals will get better fuel mileage. Timing belt changes vary on different years. My 04's have a 100K mile change interval.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7