Lil towing

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Well I just got back from my 200 mile trip. I forgot how may 2-3 mile 8-10% grades there are. But I NEVER went below 50MPH(unless the speed limit said so) and the EGTS NEVER went above 1125*.

I am SUPER happy with the truck and Chip now. I suggest to ANYONE that has the Generic TS chip, to get it tuned by someone. This is my 3rd stroker and it by FAR and away the coolest running one.

And wouldn't you know it. On the way back the DOT cop stopped me and checked me over. He figured for sure he would of had me for being overweight on the registered vehicle/trailer weight. And the whole CDL thing. He almost #### when he saw my truck registration for 20,000 and my trailer for 14,000.
And had no leg to stand on when I pulled out my Class A as well:D

I talked with him for almost 10 minutes. He said he was NAILING guys left and right in the area with the BIG gas boom going on, with no Class A License and towing trailers over 10k. Said it calmed down, but took almost 2 years for the guys to get their Class A

You must be registered for see images attach

RANOVRU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see your putting that trailer to good use pretty quick. :)

Nice looking score too! And LOL at the DOT stop.

RANOVRU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh and now that youve used it do you still think you could shorten the ramp? You think that truck wouldve still gone on it had it been shortened say, to the crossbrace thats about where the bottom of the utillity box on the truck is in that pic?

RANOVRU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was just asking since youve used it now do you think shortening the ramp will have any adverse effects on loading the trailer. I understand for empty is the reason you want it shortened.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What make/kind of hyd. unit on the trailer? Building a trailer and the ramps are too heavy for me to lift. I see how the cylinder is mounted, would like to do the same. Nice setup you have there.