lightweight and smallish diesel for Fox Body Ford

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
Here is a thought:

I have been intrigued by the VM Moturi engines introduced in the Jeep Liberty. Looks like usage of VM continues to grow with the Dodge 1/2 tons. Is the base engine for the Banks retrofit package available in a wrecked Jeep or Dodge?

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
Here is a thought:

I have been intrigued by the VM Moturi engines introduced in the Jeep Liberty. Looks like usage of VM continues to grow with the Dodge 1/2 tons. Is the base engine for the Banks retrofit package available in a wrecked Jeep or Dodge?

The Liberty diesel is a 4-banger. We deliberately avoided that engine when shopping for the '05 Liberty we got in 2012.

I know a few people who have the Colorado/Canyon trucks with the baby Dmax diesel. They seem to like them. I guess we'll have to see how they age.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Liberty diesel is a 4-banger. We deliberately avoided that engine when shopping for the '05 Liberty we got in 2012.

Why?
I'm looking for a 4 banger crawler powerplant....

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
Thats christ ler (mercedes) for ya.

VM motori.

If it was the Mercedes diesel (ala Grand Cherokee & Sprinter) we'd likely have gone for it over the gas V6.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
VM motori.

If it was the Mercedes diesel (ala Grand Cherokee & Sprinter) we'd likely have gone for it over the gas V6.

Thanx I had no idea...
Kinda like the ford i looked at once with a mazda under the hood,