Lift question

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Judging by you picture your tires are not leaning in at the top. This tells me that it is not sagging as much as you think. I used an add a leaf which added 1 leaf to the front on a 87 250 that I had a snowplow on. It worked great and it didn't get to high so it could still be aligned with no drop brackets. Superlift made them I think.

It's a Dana 50 that we've had realigned and stuff and it may not be that much but I know 6 of us had a hell of a time holdin it up to mount it on

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could put a really really heavy *****, a ur um I mean winch,in the back, thats the ticket:angel:

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
It's a Dana 50 that we've had realigned and stuff and it may not be that much but I know 6 of us had a hell of a time holdin it up to mount it on

Lol speaking of winches I'm gonna throw a 12k one on the front under the bumper

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol speaking of winches I'm gonna throw a 12k one on the front under the bumper
Yeah that's another 150lbs you're adding out there... Have your significant other put on some heavy winter clothes, then soak her down nice and good with the garden hose, then have her hang off the front of the bumper and bounce up and down a few times - that's more or less the ride height you'll end up with after the winch LOL

Throw an add-a-leaf kit under the current TTB leaves and leave the rear alone. Or a pair of 6" air springs on top of the axle and adjust pressure till she gets as high as you want her, again leave the rear alone. If you have a D60 already to swap in eventually spend your money on that instead of a lift kit for the TTB you plan on replacing anyways. The 4" F350 rear blocks are retarded, not quite as bad as the 6" blocks some Dodges came with but still pretty horrible factory setup - either get new high-arch springs for the rear when you put the D60 in, or use Sky's shackle flip kit - either of those will lift the rear and get rid of the axle-warp inducing blocks.

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
i will say..i love a red and white 80-86 truck...only thing its missing is the upper body chrome like the 80-83 had on the lariats

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
i will say..i love a red and white 80-86 truck...only thing its missing is the upper body chrome like the 80-83 had on the lariats

Xl and xlts had um to.ive got a 83 xlt with um and I know were 2 83 xl's are with um and speaking of havin her sit on the front
You must be registered for see images attach
it won't go down any farther my 250 pound fata** don't make any diffrence in the height lol.and I'll look into the adda leaf

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
LOL! The look on her face says "Really? Why do I do this stuff for you?" It looks like LCAM-01XA may have been off a little, I don't think she'd go a buck ten soakin wet.. ;Sweet

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
LOL! The look on her face says "Really? Why do I do this stuff for you?" It looks like LCAM-01XA may have been off a little, I don't think she'd go a buck ten soakin wet.. ;Sweet

She was already sittin that face was why are you taking a pic you ******* lol.an ya a buck ten soakin wet sounds right lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online