Lift kit, Dana 60 swap... What to do???

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
So, I've sunk a bunch of $$ into the D50 axle on my truck. So far, within the past year I've done ball joints, tie rods, axle U-joints, everything except the pivot bushings. It needs those replaced badly.

I drive this truck every day to and from work. about 60 miles round trip. The less than stellar ride quality is an annoyance, but I've gotten used to it.

I've now got a decision to make... I could save up and grab a D60 axle, but all of the money/work I've dropped into the D50 will be for naught' - Chances are I would have to replace all of the same stuff on the D60, if I were to find one.

I've been looking at lifting the truck, a 4" suspension lift is where I am focusing my attention. If I stick with the D50 and go for a Rough Country 4" lift, any idea what my ride quality would be ?

This all ties into my early FY 2013 tire replacement plans... What size tire with a 4" lift looks good, rides good??

Thanks all... ;Sweet

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a tough call Justin. I prefer the Dana 60 of course, but you're right........ the one you find may need king pins (or ball joints depending on the year of the donor), u-joints, and the like. However..... king pins seem to last forever and it's one tough axle that will take the extra stress of larger tires better than the TTB. Plus TTB lifts are more expensive than one for the D60 (takes more parts to drop the axle pivots).

Like I said, tough call, but I'd go for the Dana 60 if it were my decision.

Heath

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4 in lift I like 285 75 which is like a 31 or 32 for a good stock 4x4 dodge cummins look. or 35's are perfect look wise an I drove an 88 ttb with 3in body an 35's with the front end worn out an drove real good. I'm just not a huge fan or large tires an would run the smaller tire but that's just me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.