Leaking injector BODY

bucholzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, there seem to be no end in the obstacles I face trying to get the truck back on the road: after swapping out the IP and injectors earlier I have found a couple of leaks from either the nut or the return line, but this last stubborn leak actually came from the body itself -cuss Fuel came seeping up the threads around the injector. Bought from Pensacola. Sitting on my shelf for 2-3 years, so no warranty either. Had to put one of the old back for now, and try to get a single injector from pensacola :rolleyes:

Well, at least the truck looks good with the new tires on :thumbsup:

You must be registered for see images

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Pensacola has had some quality issues with several members here but... I'm running one of their injection pumps without any issues... Yet... Its been about 1 year now. Try to talk with typ4 here. Russ will fix you up with the best deal or Mel will help you out just as well.... The truck does look like its ready to tear up the dirt....:sly;Sweet

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, there seem to be no end in the obstacles I face trying to get the truck back on the road: after swapping out the IP and injectors earlier I have found a couple of leaks from either the nut or the return line, but this last stubborn leak actually came from the body itself -cuss Fuel came seeping up the threads around the injector. Bought from Pensacola. Sitting on my shelf for 2-3 years, so no warranty either. Had to put one of the old back for now, and try to get a single injector from pensacola :rolleyes:

Good looking truck. If those are Procomps X-terrains 35x12.50's, you'll like them. That's what I run on my SamuraiJX and is the cause of breaking axles(they really hook). I have injectors and injection pump from Pensacola for over a year with no issues, sorry to hear yours.

DOE-SST

1994 E350
Reaction score
return them all and go elsewhere. pesocola blows donkey balls. lol

WORDS OF WISDOM.

I recently installed a Pensacola IP for a friend. :puke::puke::puke:

Nothing but problems. :mad:

Pulled the top cap off and found the fuel shutoff solenoid heavily cracked and breaking apart. When activating the FSS, fuel would bleed out from the cracks. It wouldn't pump fuel because the linkage inside the pump wouldn't open when the FSS allowed it to.-cuss-cuss

Had to fill up the IP with DieselKleen, let it soak for 3 days to dissolve whatever gunk was inside, replaced the top cover and FSS/cold start solenoids with spares, and then it ran okay. Still need to time it, assuming it can be timed.:rolleyes:

A $50 junkyard pump would have probably been the same quality, although without the nice paint job.

I believe they take core pumps, clean them, paint them, and if they pump at all, sell them to people looking for the lowest price.

bucholzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it was extremely cheap and I did not have a core to ship which made other options very expensive. And I had/have enough bugs to sort out on the truck, and since it was running like crap, so it was worth a try. Works well besides that leaky injector, and if it's not up to par I can send my old cores to be repaired (which is a whole different deal with customs, tax and paperworks than returning cores) later. But I must say that I was not expecting a leaky injector body, thats a new one :rolleyes:

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What you might try if there is no warranty, is to remove the offending injector, and place it in a vise. Then unthread the part thats leaking and tighten it back up again. Try this a few times and then finally torque it down perminantly. You might be able to get the parts to seat well enough to seal and it won't cost you anything but your time.

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score

how much is your truck lifted? it looks great!

bucholzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What you might try if there is no warranty, is to remove the offending injector, and place it in a vise. Then unthread the part thats leaking and tighten it back up again. Try this a few times and then finally torque it down perminantly. You might be able to get the parts to seat well enough to seal and it won't cost you anything but your time.

I tried to unthread it, inspect the threads and torque it back up. Did not help as much, after a few minutes fuel come up from the head through the threads around the injector again. So that one is scrap.

Good looking truck. If those are Procomps X-terrains 35x12.50's, you'll like them.

Those are 325/80-16, which equals 37x12.50.

how much is your truck lifted? it looks great!

It has a skyjacker 4" and the dana 50, so I think it sits somewhere around an f350 with dana 60. Removed the factory blocks in the rear to level it out, so total lift from stock is maybe 3-4" up front and 2" in the back. Didn't want to lift any more than necessary to get some upwards axle-travel up front and a bit of air on top of the wheels. The fenders and body have been cut to make room for the tires.

Thanks for the compliments. I'm pretty happy with the result myself.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online