last minute stupid question!!!!

G. Mann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seal install tip... I've found that a piece of PVC pipe with a PVC slip joint attached to it that matches the outside body of the seal is great for tapping a new seal in place without getting it cross ways.... The plastic pipe joint doesn't damage the seal and it's way cheaper than a "special tool"... also for about .50 cents each you can have one of each size and nearly always it's close enough to work good.

FWIW.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Seal install tip... I've found that a piece of PVC pipe with a PVC slip joint attached to it that matches the outside body of the seal is great for tapping a new seal in place without getting it cross ways.... The plastic pipe joint doesn't damage the seal and it's way cheaper than a "special tool"... also for about .50 cents each you can have one of each size and nearly always it's close enough to work good.

FWIW.

That's a good idea.:thumbsup:

benton

Country boy
Reaction score
it was a pain but i got the old one out and the new one in the trans is goin in tomorrow!!!!

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it was a pain but i got the old one out and the new one in the trans is goin in tomorrow!!!!

That seal is nothing more than a dirt seal. Most important seal is the converter lockup teflon seal. Old color was Green, IIRC the new is Orange, it's rated at a higher temperature. It's a split seal about 1/8" X 1-3/4" ID. Be carefull when sliding shaft into the TC .

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score

Sounds like everything is working out. :thumbsup:

The front seal can be a PITA the first time. After a few they get real easy.

Don't worry you shouldn't be changing that many front seals on your tranny.LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle