kubota diesel questions

rjnerd

Reaction score
We picked up a kubota 4 cylinder diesel originally mounted in a late 80's package cooler (Carrier).

Anyone have an idea as to the exact model? We can't find any identifying marks, save the "carrier" cast into the oil pan, and a couple of labels in "Japlish" ("for a perfection in cooling...." on the water jacket drain valve)

At a minimum, we need an exhaust manifold gasket, and if possible a service manual.

The real important questions: There is a splined shaft sticking out of the nose of the crankshaft. Appears to be 25mm 18 spline. Anyone know where we might find a bushing or lovejoy coupler that would fit this? (we want to run a hydraulic pump off the front of the thing). Its not any of the SAE standard splines (if nothing else, its an even number of splines) Does anyone have a contact at Kubota that might be asked? How about the shape of the grooves? I have the depth, (1.25mm) and acess to a shaper, so in theory I could make my own, if I could figure out what shape to make the cutter. (its too small for the gear vernier I have, and they are usually some sort of involute profile)

For the curious, its to replace the existing generator and hydraulic power pack (currently air cooled gas engines) that operate "Mista Ballista" http://siege-engine.com

-dp-
Founder, The New England Rubbish Deconstruction Society;The NERDS
The first American team to appear on Junkyard Wars/Scrapheap Challenge