KILLED ANOTHER C6

range ridin

Reaction score
Need to find a good one asap. :eek:Can't afford to sit too long
Anybody got any ideas it is on an 85 two wheel drive with the 6.9. May be looking to add a four ;Sweetwheel drive under it later unless I can find a project truck or doner cheap:rotflmao:cool

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Around here we can't seem to give them away. We got em'. Just got to get them to you. :dunno

range ridin

Reaction score
thanks mel I got family not far from ya let me get on the horn. Aint afraid to truck it if I have to. Guess I need to quit pullin 500 gallons of water with it lol

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
C6 is pretty easy to rebuild tranny. I had mine all apart just to check it out. It amazes me what shops charge to rebuilt these things to. After taking mine apart I figured I was in the wrong business. In all seriousness if you can't find another one get a book and a rebuild kit for it. Rebuild kit is only about $100

range ridin

Reaction score
ok seems like a new "bullet proof" trans is almost as much as converting this thing over to the zf5... And seeing as how it may end up sitting awhile I guess I may need to start seeing who has what that they may be willing to part with without breaking my budget.... My wife said she knew what would happen once I joined this outfit ROFLMBO

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
first things first is your going to have to find why your trk keeps eating c6s, its it eats a c6 more then twice then you have a problem elsewhere. when you change your tranny do you flush out the cooler lines? do you flush the cooler? do you have any extra coolers? i had a c6 in an old mudrunner i had and i thought i burned it up one time, it slipped real bad and the fluid was black. i changed the fluid and filter and it worked fine, till i totaled it. might want to ck your trk as a system before installing another trans.

range ridin

Reaction score
thanks MUDKICKR we are already all over that first one was the control valve. Second one was weak when I got it in and considering hauling feed, hay, horses, and 500 gallons of water ( no not all at one time) I just finished it off. besides I killed two chevys and an 95 f350 in a whole lot less time. Thats why I bought the C60. To lighten the load;Really

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle