Just orderd a Centrifuge

wmoguy

Reaction score
I have my first batch cooking. How hot should i get it and how long should it heat to get any water ov of it? its about 25 gal. wmo and 15 gal. hydro oil would that be called WHO?

When I heated mine, I let it run all night to smoke out any water. IIRC temps reached around 150-165 degrees next day when I was ready to fuge it

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i got the oil up to temp and was going to let it heat over night but having problems with me electric motor. Hope to have it resolved as soon as possible. My car is running like crap and i just was to drive my truck on cheep fuel.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Nice you should post some pics of your setup then.

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Problem has been resolved and will have a new pump in a few days. Going to try for Friday to make the first batch.

wmoguy

Reaction score
Problem has been resolved and will have a new pump in a few days. Going to try for Friday to make the first batch.

guess that makes 2 of us that fried pumps!! That turbowerx pump I bought crapped out on me. I'm slightly perturbed at the lack of warranty being honored by that deal. Oh well, I've moved on, and going back to the 1/2hp pump offered by PABiodiesel, which is a "tried and true" option for us.

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe this weekend I will get this thing going thirds a charm right? I have a working electric motor now and the oil should be up to temp when I get up in a few hours then all I have to do is hook up a few hoses and start this thing up.

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oil was up to 190 degrees when I got over to my parent place (that's where the setup is) got the pump hooked up and started up the 120 gph centrifuge. Ran it for 2 1/2 hours at 85 psi. I was to adjust the pressure relief so I can turn it up more I was told 120 PSi is fine for a inverted centrifuge. Now I just want to open up the centrifuge to see what it all collected to make sure its working. It should have cycled it about 7 passes.

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Running my first tank of the WMO mix. Once the truck is started it runs fine but the two cold starts not even that cold 40 degrees it started hard very hard!! I think I am just going to shut the truck down on clean diesel and switch it after the truck starts.

wmoguy

Reaction score
Those that choose to remote mount your Centrifuge vs. the hole in the barrel lid route: Make sure you use big enough tubing to expel the oil from the fuge. I learned this the annoying way this weekend. I got my 108gph fuge all dialed in, and used 1" soft hose to return the fuel to the barrel (thinking that would be big enough) Well turns out it is NOT large enough! The fuge would spool up, run for about 2 mins, then spool down. I switched to a 2" PVC pipe setup and all is good! These larger sized fuges move some SERIOUS oil while filtering!

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beware of the water for which you shall eventually receive :D

These pics were taken tonight from the drain of my IBC totes that sat for two weeks. I drained 35 gallons in my 55 gallon settling tanks mixed with 1 gallon of RUG. I'll post some pics of the goodness that flows into my waste bucket.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online