Just listed a friend's truck in Marketplace....

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i meant to post his here,not in your marketplace thread,though probably doesn't matter much.

his asking price so very high for the amount of miles on his truck.i don't think he could ever get that.to help you guys out,you should look locally and ebay to see what this $ can buy.it will help you evaluate the truck better.
he might have over payed himself.im afraid he's going to take a beaten to get out from under this one.
in all honesty,half of the asking price of 9 grand for a 350k mile truck is going to probably be far too much.sorry to be the bearer of bad news but i just don't see it.it's a great truck! nice and clean but her "resale" value of this kind just isn't there.
when someone invest $ in an older rig like these,especially with high miles like this one.it's never in the form of resale.the $ in,is only good for self value.iv got two trucks just the same.i know their worth pennies on the dollar to what i put into them and to ever have of prayer of seeing the $ back iv got to get their value out in the the form of self value.id never get close if i sold them (though chip truck has long since owed me nothing.)

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey I would tend to agree with you if the truck's engine and tranny had 350,000 miles. The motor and tranny have been replaced though and they have approx 78,000 miles on them like I mentioned in the original listing. You are right, I was talking to another member about it, and location very much determines price. Dually's down here still command a premium which is quite shocking to me actually. I obviously haven't been in the market for one in over 10 years so I was surprised when I started pricing them. Folks up north may not understand because they are used to seeing a rusted out pile, who knows. I always have to laugh when traveling up north with camper in tow or TC loaded on the back; northern folks come up to me at gas stops amazed I'm still using the truck for what it was meant to be used for. LOL Anyways thanks for your comments, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay and what someone is willing to sell it for. Lol. No offense taken.

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
I think he'll have a easy time selling it.
From what I saw in the pics it's clean low engine miles
Chassie miles are more likely than not all highway miles
If I was looking for a Crew cab dually I would jump on it.