Just got a new truck what kind of power adder?

thunderwolf

Reaction score
Just got an 2006 5.9l Cummins.. I am kind of looking for a power adder and I am especially looking at a Banks system with the PDA. Anyone have any experience with this unit or others.

killer

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I don't personally have any experience with Banks, but most people will tell you that when it comes to their electronics you can get more for less elsewhere.

I'd go first with a cold air intake. I have an S&B and I like it enough. Someone else will probably be able to help more on which CAIs are better and why. The reasoning is that you want the truck to be able to breathe better. I have a dual (after the muffler) 4" exhaust, but I think the stock single 4" exhaust is sufficient for exhaling.

After that, gauges are the next step. Most important are EGT and boost. You can bypass this step if your chip/programmer/module comes with gauges. The Banks PDA is an example, and so is the Edge Juice with Attitude (like I have).

I like my Edge Juice. It adds enough power that I think a stock third gen is a dog. And the Attitude monitor is nice, and I like the transmission slip protection. Or, if you're willing to sacrifice built in safety for power, go with a TST. That seems to be the go-to chip for these trucks. But you'll have to use your head when you drive so you don't break things.

So there. Go CAI, gauges, chip/programmer/module. I recommend the Edge J/A because it comes with a nice monitor and has some decent built in safety features.

Mark Craig

Advertising Sponsor
Reaction score
thunderwolf,

Killer is on the right track, get an AFE Stage II Pro Guard 7 intake system, the MBRP or AFE 2004.5+ factory replacement mufflers and an Edge Juice/Attitude and you'll be HP and money ahead of the other brand products yuo metnioned. We even have A pillar and overhead mount for the Attitude to make it stock looking. If you have any questions let us know, we'll be glad to help you.

Mark @ DPPI

killer

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Do your A-Pillar Attitude mounts retain the grab handle? I don't think I've ever seen a picture of one that shows one way or another. I've just got mine velcro'd to the dash. I need the grab handle to guarantee that I don't end up on my lid getting in the truck.

Mark Craig

Advertising Sponsor
Reaction score
killer,

Yep they sure do and they are color molded to match the interior and don't require painting etc.

Mark @ DPPI

TheWolf

Reaction score
You could check into the new TST box. Built in gauges, cool down timer, economy program, regular program, twins program.

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tst...if you like melted pistons. we changed about 5 engines out at the dealer that ran tst boxes.

leave it alone. almost every truck we ever had in the shop had a power adder on it. leave it alone.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7