junk E4OD

rancherman84

P.E.R.F.E.C.T!
Reaction score
anybody got a junk E4OD for an IDI?
i am thinking about building my own y-pipe for my banks turbo.
i have the 7.3 that i pulled from the 89 that i parted out,and if i could find a E4OD to mount on the back i could fab the piping on the shop floor then mount it on my truck.
i dont really care if it has a cracked case or whatever,i think i just need a basic housing to fab around.
will a gas tranny even fit close enough to work with?even if i had to drill some holes?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gasser big block will bolt up on the lower four holes. the upper two will have issues. hope this helps

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
If you have anyone in your neck of the woods that does serious truck fabrication work they may have a fiberglass dummy trans case for just that purpose. Summit racing used to sell them for about $100. I am not sure they still do though.
Just a thought
Ken

rancherman84

P.E.R.F.E.C.T!
Reaction score
i have seen those fiberglaas mockups before on horsepower or some other show.just thought they wernt cheap.anybody gots a summit or maybe jegs catalog they could check out for me?guess i could use this thing they call the internet huh :confused: :D
as for them all being junk,i am on the same page as OG at this point,its not the tranny that is junk its the factory controller.

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
Even getting a junk one is gonna cost some $$$. Another thought I had is check with your local trans rebuilder and see if they have a junk case laying around. When the early E4OD's crapped out they can wipe out a case (mine did). It could be worth a try.
Ken

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin