Ive been having brake issues

IH444t

Reaction score
So my truck has always has abs light on and rear brakes always lock up. In the last year it has had all new master cylinder and pads and shoes. I bleed all brakes and backed off the rear shoes. I noticed that the po bypass the rabs system and deleted all the wiring. So should I get a new rabs unit and see if I can find a way to hook it up or is there a way to make the rears not lock up. It seems like there is no front brakes at all. when I pulled the rear drums a ton of brake dust was in there.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 or 4wd truck?

How are front rotors n pads?

Usually fronts do all braking on these trucks.

Stock is good if u can return it.

IH444t

Reaction score
2wd, the front brakes never got used on this truck, because the back brakes did all the stopping. The rears are new, and front are new because never been used. I backed the tears off so much that the parking break barely works and the front brakes are starting to work.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2wd, the front brakes never got used on this truck, because the back brakes did all the stopping. The rears are new, and front are new because never been used. I backed the tears off so much that the parking break barely works and the front brakes are starting to work.

That is an impossibility that the front brakes have never been used. The only way that they have never been used is, if the short rubber hose is plugged, there is an obstruction in the hard lines or if the MC is a two compartment and the cup is defective, or the brake line is pinched off.
An ABS braking system has nothing to do with how hard the brakes are applied, the ABS system only shifts the brakes from one side to the other when one side locks up, that's why when ABS is operating correctly, you feel kind of a rumble on the brake pedal.
I would replace the hose to both front wheels. Apply brakes and make sure you have brake fluid flow to each side, before connecting the hose up.
Since the PO has messed with the braking system, Lord knows what he may have done, specks of dirt getting into the system could raise havoc.
I'm not sure whether the 94 F250 has the proportioning valve on the rear brakes, if it has/had, it may have been deleted or misadjusted.

According to my manual, there is 45 pages of diagnostics for ABS systems.

Last edited:

IH444t

Reaction score
well the front brakes could be getting used but it would be very minimal. I forgot to mention those two hoses has been replaced by me. Could there be problems with the calipers? The rear rubber hoses are the only hose not been replaced on the truck.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Yeah, I would start with the calipers.
How do the disc look? Are they glazed?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I would start with the calipers.
How do the disc look? Are they glazed?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Yeah, forgot to mention that. If the sliders on the calipers are corroded/rusted, the caliper won't release and glaze the rotors. Just went thru that on one of my Vans. Cleaned up and greased the slider guides, sanded the rotors and gained 5 MPG.

He could have the same problem with the rear, if the hoses are deteriorated on the inside and blocking release.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin