It's been a while since you guys swonked anyone....

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
82fordtruck said:
very true. This process wasn't too bad unil I saw all those numbers added up. I knew what it was going to be after tax, ect....but it still got me.

Yes, I meant the grille, not the suspension.

Ford uses a coil spring suspension, but they still use the solid front axle. I am a little bit apprehensive about the IFS, but they did it much better than in the old fords with the ttb. It wasn't the truck that sold it, it was the lack of a 6.0. That's it. I do like the duramax though. I had trouble in the rain, the duals kept breaking loose shifting into 2nd or 3rd....

Unfortunately I haven't checked in here in about a week so I'm late adding my .02. My wife is the office manager in the Commercial Sales Department at a very large Chevy dealership. If the dealership you are dealing with has a commercial department, never, ever go to the main showroom to buy. Go to the commercial department. They will sell you anything that that manufacturer makes. At the Chevy dealer, the salesman only makes $300 on each sale. Period...because he also gets a salary. Most showroom salesman work solely off of commission. I'm not saying that there aren't hidden costs figured in, but they're more "honest" than the regular salesman. It is not uncommon to save approx $2000 right off the top by going to a commercial salesperson as compared to the main showroom. I've learned a lot in the three years my wife has worked for Chevy. It's a very dirty business.

I've actually had many opportunities to drive Duramax's (go figure). Both towing and just driving. Because my wife is an employee, I could probably get the truck I want for about 5-7000 dollars less than someone off the street. I'm just not that impressed...at least not $40K worth of impressed. This month's DieselPowerMag even rated it third except for the fact that it's a hot rod. She keeps telling me to go buy myself a new truck so I can have something I don't have to work on. That's half the fun of owning a truck. Modification. Besides nobody makes anything that I would give up $40K+ for. I told her to get me a Cummins with an Allison in a Ford truck. She said "they don't make that". I said "exactly!" so I don't want one.

This weekend I did mention purchasing an '08 Dodge Challenger RT. :thumbsup:

She just gave me the don't even think about it look. :backoff

Tom

82fordtruck

Reaction score
That's a good deal! I like this new truck a lot.

My wife is elegibile for the GM supplier price, and we had already gone below that one, so that didn't work. I think I got a pretty good deal on it, except for the current frustrations about bed liners. See my post in product reviews about that one.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a very dirty business.

There's an understatement if I ever heard one. During the short time I sold cars we had one old salesman that told us stories about when he started. Stuff like tossing the keys of a customers car on the roof of the building while they were out on a test drive to try to force the trade in and sale because they wouldn't have a way home after the keys were "accidently lost".

82fordtruck

Reaction score
now I'm glad I didn't trade in. WHo does business like that anyway??

I should have had the damn red carpet rolled out.

sign_man

Reaction score
Always wondered about that

tonkadoctor said:
There's an understatement if I ever heard one. During the short time I sold cars we had one old salesman that told us stories about when he started. Stuff like tossing the keys of a customers car on the roof of the building while they were out on a test drive to try to force the trade in and sale because they wouldn't have a way home after the keys were "accidently lost".

Performing maintenance on signs and whatnot, I've been on the roofs of several car dealers and have found several sets of keys and one cell phone. Now I know why.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online

No members online now.