IT'S ALIVE!!!! BRUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just in time for Halloween, I have the scariest creature on wheels.

First to set the mood, here is me and my oldest son.

First Egor and I filled it's veins with vital fluids.

Then we gave it a BRAIN !

Then we filled it's lungs with AIR.

Then I jump started it's HEART!

Quickly Egor!!! Bring the ELECTRODES!!!

With a healthy spark and a wiff of ozone... IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!

BRUHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

I give you FRANKENBRONC!!

ok, well I might be too old to trick or treat, but the Moosetang has his costume on and he can get around now. Moved under diesel power for the first time at 12:15PM October 30th, 2005. The Moose Truck is much relieved that he can now get out of his garage again. :D

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Good Job Mel! That has to feel good to put a major milestone like that behind you. I cant wait to see that thing in person some day.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, it felt really good not just to hear it running again, but to feel it respond to the gear shift lever. After all, this was my first C6 rebuild. I know I'm not out of the woods until I hear it shift through all the gears, but before I put the front clip back on, I wanted to makes sure it would at least do this much. Pretty weird driving it around with no water in it, and all those parts just sitting out there. I didn't go far, or for very long, but it was a thrill just the same. As for sparks, Kenny, there are a lot of them. First I connect the power to the IP (Zzzztt), then the fuel pump (snap!), then the glow plugs get lit off for 10 sec. (crack!) Then the starter motor solenoid ring terminal gets touched to the positive terminal (makes like a frying sound) and she starts right up. To shut it down, I take off the aligator clips to the IP and fuel pump. Lots of sparks and things. Had to be carefull not to let the batteries (which are 500CCA units out of my boat by the way) run into the accessory drive.

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mel, that's great! I'm curious to hear how much it weighs in the front and back and if it stops OK. Did you put on an overdrive? Did it make for a 1-foot long driveshaft? ;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, unfortunately no overdrive. Cool thing was the factory drive shaft fit it just great. I guess Ford really thought through the placement of the front cross member, and distance from the motor mounts to the transmission cross member, because there appears to be a high degree of standardization across the product family.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Hey the Bronc is looking good. :thumbsup: But. I think I have the scariest thing on wheels. ;p The 85 moved for the first time in a year +.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Agnem said:
Quickly Egor!!! Bring the ELECTRODES!!!

With a healthy spark and a wiff of ozone... IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!

BRUHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

I give you FRANKENBRONC!!

:eek: :eek:

Hey that doesn't look up to code there buddy. :rolleyes: :D

Looks sweet Mel. ;Sweet

I keep drivin by an old Bronc and wondering if'n wifey would notice another truck in the yard. Almost have enough spare parts around to do one up. :angel:
Only problem was Karen heard me thinkin too loud and said NO! :backoff

soulpatchfr

goat herder
Reaction score
Dsl_Dog_Catcher said:
...Only problem was Karen heard me thinkin too loud and said NO! :backoff
damn, we need a "whipped" smiley... oh well - this'll have to do: -Playme :flipa

looking good & scary for halloween, there, Mel. ;Sweet i'll bet that was a great feeling to drive her, huh?
are you using those battery boxes on final placement? planning something different with that?
remote batteries - hmmmmm. (and waterproof at that! hmmmmmm.)

Dalvaras

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like that glow plug setup. :rotflmao The bronco looks real good and I bet it will run real good when complete. Keep up the good work. ;Sweet :thumbsup:

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i always wondered why ford didnt make a diesel bronco.chevy made diesel blazers :confused: .cool project. ;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online