Is this a transmission problem?

burtcheca

farmer/cabinetmaker
Reaction score
Thank you! Today I'm going to crawl under the van and check that vacuum hose and do some tests. I really appreciate your help and kindness.

rjglenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a guy over here in Fort White that does transmission work. I'll post up his number for you tomorrow.

burtcheca

farmer/cabinetmaker
Reaction score
You are only about 45 minutes away from me! I cross Fort White two or three times every week on my way to High Springs. Maybe he's the one my friend recommended, if his name is Chris. Yesterday I didn't have a chance to crawl under the van and check the vacuum hose and do the other tests. Maybe Monday morning I'll get some time off my busy schedule now at the beginning of spring planting time in our farm. Thanks.

rjglenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, that's him. I still don't have his number. Anyhow he rebuilt an E4OD on our farm truck a couple of years ago that we have had zero trouble with since. I also know other people he has done work for that had the same result - no troubles.

We are the hay & cow farm about two miles south-east of Ft. White on the north side of US27, so you drive right by here all the time.

burtcheca

farmer/cabinetmaker
Reaction score
Checked the vacuum hose. It's OK. :(

I'll be calling Chris later.

I wonder if it could damage the transmission even more to drive the van 12-15 MPH to Chris shop. It's about 30 miles from me.

The worst could be that after driving for 20 or 30 minutes if the transmission just quits and will not move any more.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Burt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online