is all az fuel a bio blend?

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few weeks ago i posted about az fuel made my engine louder. Im back in az and noticed on the pump that it contains more than 5% bio and not more than 20%. Are all stations like this?

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most of the ones I recall seeing in the city are bio blends. Tucson and Flagstaff, at least. I have no idea about Phoenix, never fueled there. The ones out on the interstate in the middle of nowhere like Willcox, etc. I believe are still straight #2. I BELIEVE. I'll check next month when I head back home.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im in wiliams and will be heading back to ca. Ill have to fuel in kingman

iverger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Known as B20 (5>20). Great stuff for our engines but, if you haven't already, you need to make sure your return lines and o-rings can handle it. Mine started leaking pretty quickly after about the 3-4th tank (they were old and tired anyway).

Like ethanol, I'm betting we will see more and more of this at least in the summer and warm places. The local Wal-Mart had a B20 sticker on their diesel pumps for a little while but it is gone now. All of our local Exxon stations offer it but in a separate pump. Unlike ethanol, testing has shown it to have great lubricity although I think it cost me just a hint of mileage and power.

Bob

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Im in wiliams and will be heading back to ca. Ill have to fuel in kingman

So what puts you in Williams this time of year. We used to camp at the KOA there. Really enjoyed that too. Been many years back. I know the fuel station in Kingman very well too. When we leave so cali Kingman is our first fuel stop hauling a load of horses and gear. Have stretched the next fuel stop to just outside of Gallup New Mexico because the wife was not watching the fuel gauges. I woke up to see the tank on mt and asked her if she had switched tanks.. sure did a long time ago.. Ok, where are we now.. Just past Gallup. the Giant fill up took 33 gallons..:eek::eek::mad:.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My girlfriend and i got married in oatman az last saturday then we spent our honeymoon at the grand canyon. We are heading home now. Stopped in seligman to use the facilities and are going to run 66 to kingman. Im averaging 15 mpg @70 and 11 @75.

Coyote_Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure to grab a spare fuel filter or two. Some of the best fuel system cleaner for our engines is bio.

marvgarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never have a problem with the fuel here in Kingman but as you have stated it does clatter motor. Does this on all my diesels. The off road fuel seams to be better when I use it in my generator. All the fuel is this way across the country.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The az fuel definatly gives me more mpg. 11 mpg on ca fuel on mostly level or downhill @75.14.2Mpg on az fuel @79 with lots of hills and a grade all the way home and ac on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online