IPR Seal kit or now IPR

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Swamps has a fairly good PDF on changing the injectors. (If you need it)
They say to wipe the bore with a lint free rag.

IIRC, they used to use different colored o-ring's for location placement. Which the colored one's were from ford. (I think)

Where did you get yours from?

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

schoelta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called Ford, got their part number, then went to Amazon, searched the number, and ordered the rings from there.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
But were they motorcraft?

I'm know saying they have to be, just might explain why they aren't the same color.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Be a good idea to pressurize the system and check for leaks right?

Are you referring to coolant leak in the cups? He would be foolish not to replace the cups while he's in there. Originals are copper and prone to crack, update is brass cups. I have the whole set, cups, o'rings and tool from rosewoodshop.com to do that, just haven't got around to do it yet, but I've only got 180K miles on mine. I loose about a quart of coolant in about 500 miles, just need to get at it.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Oh I see.

I had asked somewhere and the consensus was cups should be good.
I figured may as well change them while in there.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My MPG to a dump awhile back. Went from 17 - 18 to about 12, haven't driven it much, I kinda blame it on cracked cups, we shall see after I change them, just to damn cold to do that work now. Sure gonna do it before I start pulling my 33' 5er tho.

schoelta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got all the injectors sealed, and this morning it started up like normal. YEAH!!!!! 5 out of 8 injectors had one or more of the 2 top O-rings broken. I also replaced the EBP Sensor because it was SO clogged that there was no way of cleaning it. The bracket was clogged bad also. Surprisingly, the tube was just clogged at the sensor end. This morning, I could tell the PCM was restricting the exhaust, but NO WAY near as bad as before. I barely felt a thing. It was a night and day difference.

I was wondering what pressures I should see on the ICP. While WOT, I have over 2400psi, and the IPR is at 36%. At about 1/2 - 3/4 throttle I was around 2000psi, and 30%IPR. Are those normal numbers? I still have a little surging in 2nd gear, but when looking at the ICP, IPR, and Accel Pedal voltage, the readings don't change. The ICP may fluctuate 25psi, but I can see that causing a 200rpm drop. Also it only happens in 2nd gear. 1st, 3rd, and 4th are OK, so I'm thinking I may have a trans issue also, but that's for another thread and after I save I some money. My main concern are the sensor readings I posted.