IP Problems

metrojd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MWFI

mike-
there are many pump rebuilders out there and then there are those who have learned the hard way on how to really make a pump sing. There's no doubt that Ken does know how to make a pump come alive. Unfortunately, he's also got the rep of the famous "soup ****" too. Eventually, I too will roll the dice on getting one of his pumps too and hope that I will get mime back before my truck's current pump vomits its internals. BTW, for most of my customers, I use MWFI for pumps due to the quick service, no charge core and most of all the no ******** service when there is a problem. It's been tested a few times and they really come through.

Towcat,
Do you have any contact# for them?
Thanks
John

Runboy

Reaction score
Currently Antioch California - Soon heading to Cre
"soup ****" - that is Hialrious LOL

Towcat, you seem like someone who has a lot of IP experience. Do you know what exactly goes into "modding" an IP? I am curious if there are changes made to the pump as far as volume sent to the injectors or is that controlled at the injector? Maybe modifications in output pressure?

Also, when is a pump too big/modded and how would that be determined?

Mike

pwrdbyidi

Reaction score
I finally got a hold of Ken. He says that most likely it is either the new plungers that are sticking when hot or the vanes of the transfer pump not putting out enough pressure when warmed up. Either way, it looks like the pump is coming back off to go back to DPS for further testing. I was really hoping for a way around that. Oh well.

One last thing before I do though, I am going to run some pure Diesel Kleen through the filter to see if I can get the plungers to stop sticking.

We'll see tonight after work. Thanks for all the help.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"soup ****" - that is Hialrious LOL

Towcat, you seem like someone who has a lot of IP experience. Do you know what exactly goes into "modding" an IP? I am curious if there are changes made to the pump as far as volume sent to the injectors or is that controlled at the injector? Maybe modifications in output pressure?

Also, when is a pump too big/modded and how would that be determined?

Mike
mike-
other than turning up the feul screw, I don't know much that goes on inside a Stadyne IP for our IDI's. Unlike transmissions where I've actually spent the time tearing them apart and getting help putting them back together, I've been spoiled for years when friend of mime had a local rebuild shop in the SF bay area. He did all my IP work and I never had the time to sit still and watch how he did his magic.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.