Ip dead or air?

cr430c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So she was luggin so I switch the fuel filter. Filled the filter with some ATF I bought for cheap and tried to start it, nothing. So I had my dad pull the truck and we jumped it. Worked great, (that's how I primed it last time) this time driving home I was at a light and it ran real rough til it died. Someone else pulled me and got it going again. And 5 min later here I sit on the side of the road and I can't figure it out. It appears to have fuel everywhere.

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where you at? What do you mean you have fuel everywhere? The lift pump is putting out volume and pressure? Air in the fuel lines?

cr430c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sac ca, checked to see if I had fuel at filter, ip and seemed to have it at the injectors also. So is it air or ip is going. I got it home by keeping the Rpms up while stopped. But I had to get pulled once again to start it. I just bought an ip from uhaul on eBay.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If fuel was everywhere......... were was it leaking from? Fix the leak, and you should be good to go unless it was leaking from the weep hole in the IP's housing.

Heath