IP adjustment prior to installation ??

912504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
;Sweet I am planning to swap out my IP this holiday weekend and wondered if I can bump the fuel screw way up prior to installation to save a little hassle.
I am changing the injectors also and will be running the stage 1's.

I have the appropriate gauges so if I go too far then I can always wrestle the screw back a little bit if I have to because of EGTs. :draw :eek:

I didnt know if there is anything that will get damaged during the adjustment since the pump isnt installed yet or will everything be just fine and I should do it to save the extra work. ;Sweet

Thanks, Eric

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't say for sure, but I don't see why not. Seems like that would be the easy way. Someone who knows for sure will pipe up before long.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, you can adjust the fuel set screw with the pump out of the engine. I did this in 2004; worked beautifully. :)

In fact, you're better off doing tis with the pump off of the engine...since, in addition to being easier to access, it's easier to keep dirt out of the pump...

IDIeselman

Reaction score
Yup, Just as the Warden said, Crank the screw down until it lightly bottoms out and then back it off a half turn, And from now on drive it with the pyro. :thumbsup:

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes you can. I just did this in March when replacing a leaking IP with a less leaky IP. I turned it up to max and backed off one flat. Never got the pyro above 700 so far. Waiting for my DPS turbo cal. IP and stage one's to get here. Ken shipped'em on thursday. I will adjust the screw prior to install. Will likely adjust the wastegate while I'm at it. Need more than 7 psi. with Ken's toys providing the fuel.

Heath

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why back the screw off after it bottems out? Mine is bottemed out and I dont have any problems with high EGT's. Is there some other reason for that?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.