Intro/questions for WVO runners

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best advise I can give filter filter filter.

I've been to the 2 tank method for 4 years now. No major problems. I have a steel tank and copper fuel line from bed. If you run enough fuel through it and don't let it sit you don't have to worry as much about polymerization. I go through 30-50 gallons a week. I have been running the oil in the single temp digits in the mornings but I have a heated fuel line from tank to pump on the engine. 30 Plate heat exchanger between wvo filter and injection pump. Heated lines around wvo filter. And I will switch from diesel to oil and back to diesel quickly several time to get that cold plug of oil in the unheated section of the line after the heat plate going through the pump with mostly diesel. Might be ******* the switch but its cheaper than a pump.

Water is not something I worry about. :confused: I use cold up flow settling which gets the water that settles out. What doesn't is suspended and on my old 7.3 idi just lets it go right through the motor without notice.

Fats. I heat my oil until there all melted and then I filter it too. I burn them too!!! Get my oil from a chicken wing place and it looks like coffee with brown grits at the bottom by the time I get it.

Good to hear your having good luck with wvo.
I like to hear that your starting & stopping on regular diesel, think that makes a huge difference with coking, etc.;Sweet

finitetime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like to hear that your starting & stopping on regular diesel, think that makes a huge difference with coking, etc.;Sweet

It has everything to do with it in my opinion. I unfortunately blew a head gasket last July so I got a good look at my engine and I was very impressed. You couldn't tell I run wvo at all. I use to worry about it but I don't at all now that I realize the 2 tank method I have been using isn't causing coking at all.