Internal Engine Experts?????

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
I was excited telling her stuff later that night and she was doing the Uh huh, Uh huh, and I started getting pissy and thought, ah hell, if she was going on about her favorite face cream I'd be going Uh huh, Uh huh.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, now you know what happend and why it was knocking and where that metal came from. Plus you get a rebuilt turbo to boot.;Sweet

Heath

Last edited:

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
Happy Camper;Sweet

Just bought an 87 5 spd 2wd today for $450.

It has the core support, engine pads, gauge cluster, floor pan, clutch pedal and flywheel for my 87 crewcab project, and a 5 spd for a later 2wd project, and I really think the 6.9 only has fuel issues so I may put the 94 factory ATS on the 87 6.9 with a ZF into the crewcab. Head studs of course.;Sweet

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy Camper;Sweet

Just bought an 87 5 spd 2wd today for $450.

It has the core support, engine pads, gauge cluster, floor pan, clutch pedal and flywheel for my 87 crewcab project, and a 5 spd for a later 2wd project, and I really think the 6.9 only has fuel issues so I may put the 94 factory ATS on the 87 6.9 with a ZF into the crewcab. Head studs of course.;Sweet

Sounds like a good plan.

Heath

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
Yeah, turns out the 6.9 has a low cylinder so we'll see what it look slike inside I guess.

Last night I was thinking I should take the Dana 60 front from the crewcab and put in under my F250 with some 36s, then I would like that truck better cause of the ride and such.

Then, I could put the 3:55 rearend from the donor truck in the crewcab with the 6.9, the turbo and the 5spd. I'm just not sure how hard it would be to convert the crewcab front to 2wd. I wonder if there is a 2wd straight front axle that would bolt to the spring hangers. That would be slick. Then I'd have a crewcab camper hauler or just a nice 20+ mpg family highway crusiser.

The crewcab is too nice to wheel in it anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online