Intermitent Wait to Start Light

SIKPUP

Reaction score
What causes the wait to start light to be intermitent, :confused: sometimes it comes on, and other times it doesn't come on at all. As soon as I turn the key to the wait to start position, the amp gauge goes to discharge like it should, then it clicks and cycles like it should. It starts ever time , but only the light has a mind of it's own as to light or not ? It's not the bulb in the dash because it comes on, sometimes. Glow plugs are working. How does the controller control the wait to start light ? I read Diezel_Cowboy's (Glow Plug Controller Bypass Wiring) article and wanted to know what the temperature sensor does ? I know to watch the gauge and listen for the cycle clicks, then start it, but my father and son also use the truck sometimes, and I want the light to work correctly for them.

Any thoughts ? :confused:

Thanks,

Mike

SIKPUP

Reaction score
Bad connection in fancy connector, Thanks for the article Diezel_Cowboy, used the wireing diagrams.

Mike

SIKPUP

Reaction score
Yes, the pin inside the "weather proof " connector was very loose / dirty , funny because it was never disconnected since new in 93. I just closed up the recieving side of the plug and cleaned up the pin. No problems with the light now.

Starting system still working with all original parts ! Ha, Ha, System Now Jinxed !

But now I know how to bypass it !
Thanks,
Mike

SIKPUP

Reaction score
OK, Wait to start light hasn't come on for the last two cold mornings, but relay still works and truck starts ! .....after truck gets warmed up the light cames on and does what it should.

What else controls that light ? ignition switch ? glow plug controller ? running out of ideas.

Thanks,

Mike

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.