Injector Lines

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Many of the repairs talked about here are a temp fix. Most if not all flairs and swedge fitting in any vatozone fake auto parts stores will not handle the high pressures of our injection system. Probably all the fittings are 150 lb rating. We pump as much as 5000 lbs out of the injection pumps. Injectors pop at either 1850 for the BB codes to 2300 lbs for the G codes. It can work for a short time but don't depend on it for a long time. Also shortening the line changes the timing on that cylinder and WILL cause timing induced vibration. As for cross threading the nut to the injector the post is correct. the nut is hardened material more so than the injector. A knife edge smooth 4 inch file can clean up those threads. Hand tighten the nut completely if possible before a wrench is used. Loosen the other end if possible to there is some play in the line. I too have cross threaded the same hard line. So I make that the first line on that side of the engine to hand tighten before any others. Then I do the last cylinders on both sides. Working way back there hurts me so I get that bad part done first.

91 7three

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you were right! thank God! it was just the injector threads that were chewed up. threw a old injector in there and it threaded right up. no leaks. although the one injector line has a small crack in the fitting, but it seals so. Im sure itll need replaced at some point but were good for now. Thanks guys

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sell new lines too, and yes they are pricey. A junk yard, and taking care of your existing lines is always the best option. They never go bad if you don't mess them up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online