Injector Lines

91 7three

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I look through the prices for lines, I realize that they are extremely high. Does anyone know where to get CHEAP injection lines? All I can find is like $500 for a set of 8. That's beyond insane to me. Or has anyone ever made their own injection lines and want to share how it's done?

91 7three

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any idea why they're so pricey? All they are is some high pressure lines with flared ends and fittings right? or am I wrong?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Yes and no.
The nut threads are a wacky size, and I think the flare is a weird degree also.
Each one is same length.
Do you need the full set? Or just a few?

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Where are you finding these $500.00 lines??? That is insanely high. A few years ago I bought a complete new set from accurate diesel for $99.00 with free shipping. they were assembled too. Shortly after that several members bought the same sets and they quickly changed the price. No more free shipping and a $40.00 fee to assemble them. Even at Ford they are about $40.00 each so someone is giving you the mil price. Like already asked. Why are you wanting a new set or would a used set be ok. I probably have 3 new sets and 4 or 5 used sets. Spare parts are always good to have. Remember never run any injector lines without the vibration damper rubbers on both sides. Truck applications have 2 dampers on each side. Without these dampers the lines vibrate from the fuel pulses and crack near the ends. Every line number for the cylinders is cast into the intake manifold port runners between the 2 bolts that holds them to the cylinder heads.

dieselpower33

Reaction score
Thanks for saying never run vibration damper rubbers on both sides, i did my injecters last weekend and figerd these dont do anything and left them off. i will be putting them on today!

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The hard steel lines are NOT FLARED, the ends are formed from the steel lines themselves. Each line is the exact same length, that's why all the bends are in the lines. All lines are made from straight tubing and exact length, then bent to conform to length and configuration.

These guys have them for $50 per line. That puts a set at around $400. Your best bet is a junkyard.

Even u-haul sells them for around $50 ea. when they have them.

91 7three

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reason I need them is kind of an embarrassing story. I was doing return lines. When I went to go put my injector lines back on, I couldnt get the front passenger side line to fit. so I tried bending it into place. Failed. So my temper got the best of me and I decided to jam the line into place and cross threaded the living hell out of the injector line to the injector. So I'm sure I messed up the threads in the process. And it leaked. (Truck still not running.) Then I realized why it wouldnt reach the injector... I slammed my hood in disappointment, but my hood wouldnt close. So I looked to see what was holding the hood up. Only to make me more mad, I found the "extender" thing that goes on that injector to make it reach the line. Felt stupid as hell that I forgot about that. And also one of the lines toward the firewall wouldnt fit quite right, so I jammed that one on too, probably crossthreaded it. So I figure I might as well replace them all.

Kistthesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you most likely crossed the threads on the injector itself, not the nut on the steel line, there is a write up in the tech article section on how to re-thread injectors.

sassyrel

Reaction score
The nut threads are a wacky size, and I think the flare is a weird degree also.

[/QUOTE]

they are a m/m bolt thread size.....

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was out on the road and had my line crack, the first thing I did was limp to a car parts store and bought a 1/4" brass ferrule. Mine broke right as it came out of the injection pump so I took the nut and the broken piece out, slipped the nut on the remianing line and then slipped the ferrule on it and re-installed it. It worked for about 5 miles and started leaking again. But I could not really get it tight enough with the wrenches I had with me. I always wondered if I could have gotten the brass ferrule smashed up in there enough, would it have held longer till I could have gotten a new line.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online