Injector installing

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
I agree. this guy needs to be outed.
you're on the other side of the river. how about a visit with pics and OB scrawled on a cardboard in the foreground?:D

I have relatives out that way. When I get to the left coast you are one of the ones I intend to visit. I used to live in Valencia so I do understand the left coast mentalityLOL
Ken

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If there is one thing we can take away from this incident, its that we are among friends and are not easily pried apart by trolls no matter which forum we are on.;Sweet

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well gentlemen it appears I have missed the party again. cookoo

I will however give Russ another shameless plug for good service and fair pricing. One more satisfied customer.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
LOL! Price gouge!

Someone should have just told Him they'd take as much product as He could deliver for those prices.

bigguy22

bigguy22
Reaction score
This place great . I only get on maybe once a month. When i'm looking for help. I don't e ven need to start a thread because its already been talked ABOUT. EVERYONE on here is seens like GREAT PEOPLE you've help me so much. I TO WOULD USE THE THE SERVICES FROM TYP 4 AND MEL AND ANYONE ELSE ON here YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT REP. Keep up the great work you do. THAT GUY NEEDS TO GET AONE AWAY TICKET OUT ON THE END OF SOMEONES BOOOT. He's also has to get out of house and see the prices of things and some of services you get for that PRICE. thanks to the members on OB this a great place to be

Dave7.3

Diesel ******
Reaction score
Whoa did I miss the party over here...and to think I thought the mud slinging was getting heavy over on FTE! =o

Thought I would chime in and say that I have done business with Russ (type4) before and was VERY VERY impressed with his work!
He did a full rebuild of a Banks turbo for me a couple years ago and even went out of his way to repair a cracked backplate. I was kept updated every step of the way even with pictures. :)
He didn't slap in parts and ship it back; he bored, balanced and even sandblasted it! Was clean enough to eat off of (not that I would do that lol) when I got it back.

Although I ended up selling the kit (financial ramifications, project had to go) the guy that bought it from me said it was one hell of a kit. Of course several months later he took on a deer but it still ran like a champ!

My hat off to you Russ and I definitely plan to do business with you in the future. Expect to see me lurking over here now and then when things are slow on FTE.

-Dave

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
We need to find a way to pool frequent flyer miles and then have a raffle to see who gets to boot stomp this ********. I have talked to or dealt with every person he has (or is) slamming and have yet to have even the slightest issue. Im very active in the idi realm and like to follow up on what is out there.

I drove out to type4's today, just to bs and see what is up. You know what happened. He lent me is idi service kit and gave me a rear main seal that he had "just in case yours is boned up, due to the bolts shearing".

Yep that guy really tore my wallet. Bent me over and the whole nine. Gave me advice, and parts just for the sake of being a GREAT HUMAN BEING.

J snap. I know you are probably whining somewhere else to other intelligent people who know better than to listen. Please come find me and complain about the price I charge for my service. I have a special place for people that slam my friends and claim they are liers.

Russ said it best in another post not to long ago.

Bury em deep in dry ground so they dont sprout.

Thanks to each and every member on OB. Those here to contribute and those here to ask for help. Every useful post is a movement forward for our beloved idi's. New people buy them and find us every day. Keep up the good work. And if anyone should find this ******, givem one for me (and I sure dont mean a hug)

Punk

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy Toledo Batman! I didn't know this was going on and I'm glad I missed it to be honest. I hate seeing this kind of stupidity dumped onto our great site and especially onto two great guys like Mel and Russ. This guy has got to be a huge tool to pull such BS.

I've know Mel for a good number of years and have enjoyed his and his family's company at the Rallies each summer. I'm not had the pleasure of meeting Russ in person, but have enjoyed his company on OB for years as well. I bought T-case parts from Russ and I've got the 1st set of Moose injectors in my truck. Both of these guys are fair, honest, men who sell a great product as a service to our Brotherhood. THANK YOU BOTH.

We all appreciate what you do and please don't let this **** ant be anything other than just that..... a **** ant on the bottom of your boot.

Heath

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think that russ and mel offer good products at a fair price its going to save me money and i know if i have any problems they would help me out you cant beat that that saves me and others money so we can take care of are kids, wifes gfs thanks guys

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Well I just was able to read this post as I missed the whole thing myself, however I was pretty involved yesterday as Mel called me and let me know what was going on. Since I am a member at FTE, I was able to go there and make a couple of post and recommend that he be banned.

Here is my first post:

I agree that Joel is a nice guy and does awesome work, but You really don't have any idea what you are doing do you Richie? Not sure what you are trying to accomplish with this post but here are some of the facts:

Joel will not sell any performance pump unless it goes through Mel, If you call for a Moose Pump he will tell you to call Mel.

His shop will not ship and receive pumps, there shop is a drop off and pick up shop.

Mel charges $75.00 over the actual cost of a rebuilt Moose Pump. That covers the cost of him receiving the pump, dropping it off to get rebuilt, picking it up when it is done and shipping back out to the customer. To me and anyone else with a bit of common sense,..that is not robbing.

Mel has worked extensively over the last couple of years with Joel to develop a quality high performance IDI pump that was not available before and has a lot of his own money and time invested into this venture.

He is one of the most respected guys in the IDI community and currently owns 6 IDI diesels (including the 83 that he bought brand new) and is a personal friend of mine so for you to come on here and accuse him of ripping people off and undermining his help to all of the IDI guys shows your lack of character and knowledge of the situation.

So Richie I am not sure what beef you have with Mel, but grow the hell up and find another cause because this one is going nowhere.

I reallly got no response from him on the thread yet and I just continued to follow it, then Jsap posted this,...
Originally Posted by jsnap View Post
Anyone want to know where to get a so called Moose pump send me a private message and ill get the info to you and you save around 200.00 and lord knows we can all afford to save. It seems politics caused my post to be edited

posted by DarrinGT
Hey Richie, You just don't get it do you, I don't know what you have against Mel, but you are giving out wrong information, you CAN NOT get a Moose Pump without going through Mel, and there is no $200.00 extra charge,..and NO politics were involved, simply misrepresentation, and personal attacks.

So In case you missed it,... here again is my previous post.

Take your time,.. read it carefully,... and if there are any question's feel free to ask,..

I agree that Joel is a nice guy and does awesome work, but You really don't have any idea what you are doing do you Richie? Not sure what you are trying to accomplish with this post but here are some of the facts:

Joel will not sell any performance pump unless it goes through Mel, If you call for a Moose Pump he will tell you to call Mel.

His shop will not ship and receive pumps, there shop is a drop off and pick up shop.

Mel charges $75.00 over the actual cost of a rebuilt Moose Pump. That covers the cost of him receiving the pump, dropping it off to get rebuilt, picking it up when it is done and shipping back out to the customer. To me and anyone else with a bit of common sense,..that is not robbing.

Mel has worked extensively over the last couple of years with Joel to develop a quality high performance IDI pump that was not available before and has a lot of his own money and time invested into this venture.

He is one of the most respected guys in the IDI community and currently owns 6 IDI diesels (including the 83 that he bought brand new) and is a personal friend of mine so for you to come on here and accuse him of ripping people off and undermining his help to all of the IDI guys shows your lack of character and knowledge of the situation.

So Richie I am not sure what beef you have with Mel, but grow the hell up and find another cause because this one is going nowhere.

SO After all of this went, down and I got no response from all of hs other babbling, I saw that I had a PM, it was from JSnap and this is what it said:

I think me and you should talk tough guy
Darrin I want to talk to you cause it seems you got some beef with me I found your home page here of i guess your buissness ill call you there .. When is a good time to talk to you cause I love resolving beefs with people i have nothing to do with or has any involvement with me

So I thought that was interesting, it was shortly after that that he got banned and I did not respond, if so it would have been,....Don't mess with my friends.

I never heard from him today,...

Later I was able to get in contact with the moderator that helped get him banned, We talked on the phone for about 1/2 hour, Very nice guy and hope to get him to a get to gather sometime. he has a pretty gnarly 6.9 IDI!

gatorman21218

Reaction score
So ive been away this weekend without a computer so im coming in a little late. From what i see here we have a really special thing going. A place where you can ask all the stupid questions you want. You can ask smart questions tooLOL. People like Russ, Mel, Calvin, and the others who have been around this forum for a while really know their stuff. They care about these old trucks and dont want to see one mistreated. This really is a brotherhood. I am in a college fraternity and know what a brother hood is. A group of men you can count on in the best of times and the worst of times. Guys here will bend over backwards to help you. They will give you their home phone number and drive 50 miles with a trailer if you brake down. Ive only met one OB here in person and thats J D Diesel. He took time out of his day to swing by me and have a look at my truck. Just the other night i was talking to JD about my hard starting and we determined I needed new return lines. He said Russ sold them and I PMed him and got a reply within 20 mins. Now I dont have Paypal so i wrote him a check. He said hell get the package out the next morning. Granted he hasnt received a check from me yet because I sent it out the same time he did. That kind of trust is hard to find nowadays, especially from someone ive never met but only in an online forum.

For the people saying they are in it it for the money, and charge too much, I say BS. I would rather buy from Russ or Mel or anyone than going to a autoparts store. I Know that they stand behind their products- look at the first post in this thread. Service is everything.

Be thankful we have this great resource.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Later I was able to get in contact with the moderator that helped get him banned, We talked on the phone for about 1/2 hour, Very nice guy and hope to get him to a get to gather sometime. he has a pretty gnarly 6.9 IDI!

Dave s.?

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I think it was Rupejosh.;Sweet

I think I was fairly pleasant to Jsnap, I just kept asking questions that he couldn't answer properly. I could almost hear the sizzeling as he typed.
:D

Nobody messes with the Brotherhood!

rupe dont have a 6.9idi, he got a factory turbo idi

Dave has the studded turbo 6.9

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle