Improving mileage

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
On top of everything else said, weight. All the crap you carry around with you, down to the spare tire, cost you mileage. It's up to you on what to carry vs. mileage.

True. I carry a jug of diesel and a spare. Nothing else.

Thad

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
I carry a gallon of motor oil (oil or fuel :sly), a spare, bottle jack, breaker bar and socket, pipe for more leverage (also doubles as my jack handle), and a 20' 3/8" link chain behind the seat. In the golve box I keep a complete set of GP's, 1/4" ratchet with a socket for the GP's, lighter, 12" adjustable wrench, and 2 spare tach sensors.

................Damnit, I feel like Gary now ;Poke:rotflmao:angel:

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
whats your empty weight with that aluminum dump midnight?
im heavy @ 8k+ empty (via certified scale.) :( ......and i don't get to be "empty" all that much either.though i guess i wouldn't be driving it all that much if i could run empty either though lol.

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
Well, Me and my dad literally picked it up and put it on the truck..........our guess is the bed weighs around 300lb

I'll let ya know on the unloaded weight next load of coal I get

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really don't have a need for my truck right now, that's the whole thing of it. And, I can see myself getting run over/rearended on the highway if I tried to go 50 mph, not to mention that I'd have to allow in a fair bit of extra time to get to work.

Honestly around here...even if my truck did decent on mileage I probably still wouldn't do well. I set the cruise at 70 on my mustang, and I can do (at best) 23 mpg on a tank. On flat ground I could very easily be getting 25+, and I know this because I got that bringing the car home from Ohio. I can watch the average mpg go down every time I go up a hill. Oh well.

Maybe I'd be best off just putting it up for sale and looking for something smaller.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mydixiewrecked

Members online