I'm in trouble now!! HELP!!

RGMS4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I did it this time. I was changing the CDR and could not get it to come off. When it did the hose tore just under the CDR.
There is a Non removable clamp on it. The rest of the hose to the intake is falling apart if I touch it.
Should this hose pop in and out of intake? I don't think any of it fell into the intake. I really need the truck. Is there anything I can do to get'er going?

Thanks for your help.

Randy

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming the truck is a nonturbo...is that correct?

If so, the metal hose that goes out the bottom of the CDR valve actually goes into the crankcase (through the valley pan, which also serves as the intake manifold gasket), not the intake. It's where the crankcase vapors enter the CDR (and the CDR fits snugly against the rear of the intake manifold). The metal hose just fits into the valley pan with a rubber grommet. Also, the metal hose is capable of coming off of the CDR valve; in fact, I think you need to do so if you're changing CDR's out...although I've never bought a new one, so I can't say for certain.

Hope this helps some...good luck! :)

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
There is not really a hose under the CDR. The CDR has a tube sticking out the botom of it that goes through a rubber gronnet in the valley. It is kind of like a PCV valve grommet and you may be able to find one at a large auto parts store. You need to look for the HELP isle (where they have all htose carded window knobs and such) and find the PCV valve grommet section.
If the old one falls into the valley it is not the end of the world. If you can try to get all the pieces out but if some falls in you don't need to tear the engine apart to get it. The screen on the pickup for the oil pump will stop the pices form geting in. You will probably gind it in you next oil change. If you have a little time you can order the cRD grommet from Ford or International.
Ken

RGMS4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not turbo. I see no metal line. From the CDR to the vally pan it looks like a one peice hose with a gromit made onto it. I really can't tell but it is a rubber hose from the CDR to the vally pan. It is dry rotted to hell.

RGMS4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK. I put the new CDR in place and the metal pipe that comes out of the CDR is about 11/2" from the gromit thats go into the vally pan.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boy, this is weird...it sounds like someone jury-rigged the hose to the CDR before you got the truck (possibly after losing the metal pipe for whatever reason?)...which, unfortunately, means all bets are off.

Any chance you could take pictures of what you've got? Maybe someone bent the valley pan down for whatever reason...also, how long is the metal pipe on the replacement CDR?

RGMS4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I talked to Pete ( cdnsarguy ). He said his is the same as mine. He said it's a 4" long rubber nylon hose with gromit made on it that goes into the vally pan. He had the part # for it to.
The metal pipe comming out of the CDR is about 3/4" long.
Beats me???? There must have been a change made during that year model . The parts man at Furd where I bought it said the CDR I have is the only one they call for for that year 92. The one I took off is the same way. I think it is org. cause half of it is painted gray.
I am going to try to find out what Furd did there.

Thanks

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Yes the later MY trucks had a longer hose / tube to them. You will either need to jury rig something or pay for a new one. I can't remember the cost of the new grommet/tube but it's not too bad if I remember in the grand scheme of things but I would probably just stuff a tube in there and make it work if it were me doing it. I mean it's not rocket science and as long as you have a path you'll be fine...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I seem to recal seeing somewhere an exploded view that showed a CDR setup that did not output it's gasses directly into the rear of the intake, but rather by two hoses, one routed to each side of the intake using ports not found on normal intake manifolds. Would this be one of those? Looked like a good idea to me, as it would have gotten rid of the #7 and #8 cylinder heating problem.

RGMS4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you belive it. I called a friend of mine that is a parts man at Furd and he had one in stock.
He said that is the one called for on a 92. It is about 4" long with a gromit made on the end.
It does go into the back of the intake. Cost $ 17.00 I thought about sticking a hose in there but I have this thing about jury rigging things. Every time I do it bites me in the bott.

Thanks for the help.
Randy

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Well cool then...

When you get a chance post the part number for future reference. Never know someone might be having the same question and if we arm them with the part number then they are that much better off.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
superceeded CDR hose/tube/grommet(allinonepart) is ...... E8TZ-6A892-A . SPEND THE MONEY AND BE DONE WITH IT. The turkey pan hole that the old grommet parts fall into will keep the pieces captive until you pull the pan and turn it upside down.