I'm back! Slantnose CC IDI on Humvee wheels and taaars

Danoflapper

Reaction score
I bought a 2011 superduty a couple years ago almost so the old IDI has been sitting mostly. It was pretty shot in nearly every department so I spruced her up a touch for winter beater duties.

Here's the list of junk I fixed on it.

All new universals everywhere.
Balanced Driveline
Plastic Leak free tank w/ functioning sender
All new stainless fuel lines, air intrusion free!
New leaf springs/bushings all around
4" lift kit
37" BFG MT/Rs on Humvee 24 bolt take offs & required wheel spacers
All new stainless brake lines
Disk brakes in the rear

Soon to come:

Steering stabilizer set up
4" exhaust
better lighting, currently has Halogen upgraded lights, need more.
Cab mounts

here's a few pics for ya guys. Not really sure what my goal of posting this is, but I'm still running the old IDI 278k and counting!

You must be registered for see images attach

93blklightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks mean man, are those the wheel spacers to retro fit the newer wheels to older trucks? I'm needing a set to fit 2000 F250 wheels to my 1993 F250. If so, where'd you get em?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Danoflapper

Reaction score
The spacers are to allow for the crazy negative offset of the Humvee wheels. They're the correct 8x6.5 bolt circle pattern for our trucks. I bought the spacers from US Wheel Adapters in Aurora, Colorado. They weren't cheap, but they're nice quality. Be careful buying wheel spacers as they're not set up for hub centric trucks like ours, I had to chuck mine in the lathe to bore out a relief for the raised boss on our hubs. I'd talk to the company to see if they can help you out if you don't have access to the machinery.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
24-bolts are good - we started with 8s, went to 12s, now 24s, and if they come up with 36s we'll switch to them too :D Out of curiosity, how thick are your spacers?

Truck looks nice, but I do have a constructive suggestion - your bumper leaves the bottom of your core support unprotected, I cringe at the thought what a big bambi or two can do to the support and radiator of you hit them just right.

Keep up the good work.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks just great man!
What LCAM said though, or you will drive into a low branch/high rock etc and might damage your rad. my bumper/skid plate encapsulates all that and if i hit the bottom of it i knwo it will whatever i am about to drive over will also hit my steering linkage. Damn low crossover bar on them superduties! need to do hi steer conversion!

keep it up though, I really wanted to run the 24 bolters