ignition question

ericwade381

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Egggh I should have left that old column in it started fine with pair of pliers lol. A wire came out of the column plug hit the metal of the column i saw some smoke at the solinoid, now no glow plugs coming on and no power at the key. Is there a fuse I could check for ignition I just put a new fender mounted starter relay in hoping that was it but nope? Could it be a issue with the gray plug on the column? I also put my ignition switch on my column rod from my old column ans nothing? Lost on this

ericwade381

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking it's a fuseable link that goes to that solinoid I see one has a Crack in it and green corosion and the we're stuck together? It looks like the yellow wire that come off the ignition switch on the column goes to the solenoid? I'm thinking it's that how would I know and how can I replace that?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
You can buy fuse link wire.
I would go to slow burn fuse or circuit breaker.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

ericwade381

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok put fusible links in hooked back up nothing made sure the trans arm was up where it should be in park still....nothing is there a certain fuse like one of the big metal fuses in the fuse box that controls the key on functions

ericwade381

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even plugged the gray plug in from the old column while the other column was conected to the ignition switch on the column nothing