Ignition Problem

Guntherx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an intersting experience. I stopped to get some feed and turned teh key off, but what the ......... nothing happened and it sure didn't take any effort. pulled the key out, leftt it running wentinto teh store got my feed and left. I went home and pulled the wire on the IP to stop it. Then proceeded to pull the electronic switch down on the column to kill everything else. It was then I realized I had a bigger problem. I moved teh rod freely but thw key switch wasn't doing anything. Hmmmmmmm.
Pulled the steering wheel and thought it might be the tumbler mechanism. Nope it was all well. Ok dig a little deeper. Huh what's this little pin that fell out? It was only about 3/32 D and 1/4" long with a little knurled surface. Must be importnat but where does it go?
Looked around a bit further and I see the mechanism isn't connected to the other mechanism that hooks to the rod. (technical jargon I know). The short of it i was able to press the pin back into the piece that hoioks to teh rod. It was still a tuff battle to hook it to teh gear piece that is moved by the key mech. At least it's fixed and running.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online