IDM MOD

PSDfreak

Diesel-a-holic
Reaction score
Met with a buddy the other day that modded his IDM and can't say enough good things about it. Says he has a better idle, better throttle response, no flat points, and a good deal of power :Sly ....I am thinking about doing it (with his help). Anyone else out there done it with good results? I have heard that unless you REALLY know what you are doing, DONT do it because it is easy to foul up, but with his help (seeing as his has done is sucessfully) I think it sounds like it could be a great mod..any reason NOT to do it (downsides like premature wear on anything?)...any comments?

-Casey

jvencius

Reaction score
PSDfreak said:
Met with a buddy the other day that modded his IDM and can't say enough good things about it. Says he has a better idle, better throttle response, no flat points, and a good deal of power :Sly ....I am thinking about doing it (with his help). Anyone else out there done it with good results? I have heard that unless you REALLY know what you are doing, DONT do it because it is easy to foul up, but with his help (seeing as his has done is sucessfully) I think it sounds like it could be a great mod..any reason NOT to do it (downsides like premature wear on anything?)...any comments?

-Casey

http://www.forgotton.net/frame.html

Click on "F-350" (left side of the screen), then scroll down to "Mods". Under that heading shoud be a little blurb about the IDM mod.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HERE is a short thread concerning the IDM mod also.

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
Can ya'll explain the benefit of this mod? I'm guessing it raises the voltage ot the injectors so that they will dump more fuel, but I just guessing. Can ya'll tell me a little more about the mod and the pros/cons of it?

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
rebel_horseman said:
Can ya'll explain the benefit of this mod? I'm guessing it raises the voltage ot the injectors so that they will dump more fuel, but I just guessing. Can ya'll tell me a little more about the mod and the pros/cons of it?

Not so much that they will dump more fuel, the amount of fuel delivered is a PCM controlled process, what the added voltage does is allows the solenoids to open faster, we are talking mili-seconds here but it does prove to be a measureable gain.

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
Interesting. Sounds like the mod essentially gives you more power right off idle and lowers the power band maybe a few hundred RPMs. Since mine is a bolt action, I'm wondering if I would experience any measurable gain.

PSDfreak

Diesel-a-holic
Reaction score
Yeah I wonder the same thing...The guy I know that did it just raves about it...I'm very tempted to give it a shot....just dont want to be sorry i did it if it doesnt turn out good...

-Casey

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance