IDI saved from scrap! Western hauler

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
buddy of mine saved a 89 f350 crew cab "western hauler" edition from the scrap yard. has a 7.3 5 speed 2wd. been sitting for about 2 years. not a bad looking truck has some rust popping out everywhere. definitly too good of a truck to scrap. Ive never seen a western hauler edition. maybe a conversion? odd thing is has power windows up front and manual in the back? will post pics up later in the week when we pick it up. has some alcoa dually wheels too. wish i could of got to it first but o well. maybe i can buy it later. :D

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm curious to see the pictures...FWIW, earlier crew-cabs normally had manual-crank windows in the rear, even if the front windows were electric. IIRC the change to electric rear windows happened sometime during the OBS run, although I want to say that it happened in '94 or '95 (I could be wrong, though)...

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
probably right on the windows. its a neat truck. ive just never seen a western hauler edition. says it on the dash and on the fenders.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm curious to see the pictures...FWIW, earlier crew-cabs normally had manual-crank windows in the rear, even if the front windows were electric. IIRC the change to electric rear windows happened sometime during the OBS run, although I want to say that it happened in '94 or '95 (I could be wrong, though)...

Correct all the Slantnose and Bricknose that had power windows were power/manual. The OBS IDI's were also power/manual. We have discussed it may times, and it appear in either late 95 or early 96 the change was made. Some 95's had power/power, some 96's had power/manual. By 97 all 4 were power....

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
forgot about this thread! here are the pics!!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online