IDI in full on nickel dime mode.

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my truck had decided to nickel dime me to death so far this year. Hmm, last year too come to think of it.

Today I lost the waterpump. Tuesday it was the belt tensioner. I am trying to get setup to install my turbo but hell I can't even keep up with the basic's the way it's been lately. I still have to fix my fuel leak at the filter. I got a new transmission fluid leak. Just replaced the lines 3 weeks ago now one of the hose clamps is stripped.(oops) Easy fix but just not expected. And my truck is leaking oil from the oil cooler now as well. I noticed a new wet oil spot seeping out of the drivers side head gasket near the IP also.

Damn it's is starting to overwhelm me. It is my daily so I have to fix it no matter what. But it has been cutting into my available work time. If this doesn't stop it will be cheaper to buy a newer truck. I hate to go there but when you work for yourself you cannot afford not to be working due to a truck.

End of rant. Oh also, changing the waterpump was an easy job compared to all the other Fords I've done. Usually you have to unbolt all the accessories to get to the waterpump but in this case it was free to come out independant of the accessories. At least that was a positive thing and made the job go easily and quickly.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Let me tell yeah its like they know when your going to turbo em. The week before I was going to meet up with Russ and Shane my clutch master cylinder goes out, and a couple of other things that I forget. Just hurry up get those things fixed, and then throw the turbo on, then it wont throw you as many curveballs (well I suppose mine did, but it was turbo'ed then so it was better :D)

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am right there with ya. I have had my truck for almost a month and I have only driven it once. Haven't even been able to get tags on it yet cause I keep spending money on fixing it.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
i hear ya as well, my truck has been sitting for a few weeks with a no start (starts but takes forever) and i have it torn down now. now im having trouble locating parts.

i cant wait to let it rip again :evil:

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It gets better, for about 2 years you wont have to do anything other than PM, then one day it decides "hey you havent spent any money lately" and all hell brakes loose for a few months!

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I just have to pour money to get that far. lol Its ok though she'll be a good truck when I get the bugs worked out.