i think fuel pump took a crap.

Greenbeast6.9

grease monkey
Reaction score
it figures just before the get together it is giving me problems!!!! I think i ran the front tank dry, or close to it and it is my diesel tank. I was going down the road and it was revving up like i had air in the lines then it would dog down i put it on the rear tank (WVO) and it seamed OK. i went into a store came back out and headed for home when i switched to the front tank, after a little while it started acting up again, i made it home and was messing with it in the drive way when it died, so i put it back to the rear tank and now it will restart but it quickly dies. I am getting some air out of the schrader valve and then a little fuel but it wont stay running!!!:puke: I even took off the filter and cranked it to see very little fuel (WVO) coming out, i know that tank is full, so am on on the right track to say it is the pump?:dunno

HELP!!!:hail

Greenbeast6.9

grease monkey
Reaction score
:yell: ok i got it running again, i put 17 gal in the front tank!!!cookoo :rotflmao I still think it is not pumping enough volume.

On a side note i am having an alternator problem, i have fried the plate looking thing on my alternator that is on the top back. I thought there was a wire going to it but i cannot find one anywhere!!!!! -cuss where and what does it do? also i have found that by grounding the rear most post (on top) i am getting charge???? What am i doing here? I know i need a new alternator because the post terminal that the plate bolts to is loose and flopping inside the alternator.:eek: Could someone shed some light on this or give me a picture of their 6.9 alternator from the top? Please help on this as i drive it daily.:dunno

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Yup, I'm thinking your fuel pump is crapping out on you. Are you using the mechanical fuel pump, or an electric one?

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PRTJ. Happens every year about this time for those attending. LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle