I need some LB7 Info

alexw21

Reaction score
Okay still shopping for the truck, let me tell yall the GMC 2500HD 05 and 06 are slim pickins...I have found a few 04's with the LB7.
How can I tell if the injectors have been serviced/replaced?
I have been ready some good and REAL bad things about the LB7, but most of the problems seem to be because the owner didnt want to change filters very often?
the big question just really how do you know that all the service was done on the truck??
I hate to plop down 18-24k for a truck and it need a 3k injector job in a month....
HELP!!??

MJ Synthetics

Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Okay still shopping for the truck, let me tell yall the GMC 2500HD 05 and 06 are slim pickins...I have found a few 04's with the LB7.
How can I tell if the injectors have been serviced/replaced?
I have been ready some good and REAL bad things about the LB7, but most of the problems seem to be because the owner didnt want to change filters very often?
the big question just really how do you know that all the service was done on the truck??
I hate to plop down 18-24k for a truck and it need a 3k injector job in a month....
HELP!!??

The only way to check and see if any injector work was done under warranty is to get the vin number and then run a vin check. No way to know if fluids have been serviced regularly unless it was done at the dealer. Its very common practice to change all fluids & filters once you get a used truck so you know when the last time it was done and you get started on your maint schedule.

The only way to really check the injectors is to get it hooked up to a Tech II and have the injector rates checked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online