i need some feed back starting on wmo

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run mix in my front tank. Well less than most of you. I start adn stop on diesel just in case, but when I have forgotten I have had no issies starting her up. Good GPs help a lot.

Last edited:

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
i'M CURRENTLY ON MY SECOND DAY (sorry) of triple mix- 60%WMO, 10%*** & 30% K1 and I have to say that this is the best yet. The viscosity is almost indistinguishable from #2 and the smoke level also appears to be no different from #2. Where I am seeing a difference is improvement in smoothness of engine run and a small but noticeable increase in power. I start and stop on #2 (usually) but forgot to switch over last night. It didn't get cold last night, just cool, but starting this morning was same as always.

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Running gas is a bad idea. I was running 15% gas to 85% wmo. Every time I worked it hard, it would foul up my injectors with black grit. I killed injectors on a regular basis. It turned out to be the gas burning in my injector tips. OLDBULL8 pointed me towards this article. After reading that article, I switched to 30% diesel to 70% wmo and have not had any more injector trouble. I start up and shut down on diesel.

If you start up on wmo, do not increase rpm past idle for at least 5 minutes. I do not recommend trying to start on anything more than 50/50.

Follow the link in this post:
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showpost.php?p=575380&postcount=4
I have had bad luck with unleaded blends as well. They worked ok in my truck just running around, but when I put it in the John Deere working it hard it would lose power over time. Once it cooled it would run ok for a while. Eventually on a large field bushogging it just got hot and quit. I ran a bottle of diesel purge through it and swore off the unleaded blends and it has been fine eversince. I didn't click on the link but I guess it has to do with the difference between octane and cetane.

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I havent used any unleaded blends, I have used JET fuel adn WMO or Jet and marvel mystery oil.

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to use rug in my blends but had to keep rug at no more than 12%. Much more than that and I could tell the difference on how the truck ran. Anything above 18% was in the danger zone especially in the summer. From what I've read starting on wmo can cause coking in the pre chambers while the engine is cold. This is probably why my mercedes while initially starting easily, takes a while to build rpms up when cold. The thing I found interesting is the 6.9/7.3 love wmo mixes but the turbo mercedes doesn't.