I know this is ot a little when tractor pulling goes bad

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OH yeah, that left a mark.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
yea a friend of ours runs a super stocker called the OHIO rascal he broke the block in it and has probally went thru 6-9 turbos and I don;t know how much other stuff:rolleyes:

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
WHOLLY SHNIKIE!
Was that from a crankcase explosion?

Appears they have to strap the block.....to what?

"Left a mark"................ why do you think they are NOT showing the seat:eek:

Other than avoiding shrapnel, that was prolly :cool

AKApartsman

Reaction score
I was going to go to that pull when it happend im not to far from Mt. vernon that's a shame to see that,,, and Im sure these other parts were added to the list...New seat and a new pair of shorts.

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
I saw a super stock tractor dump most of the rotating mass, right out through the oil pan. He poured the fuel to it, and it wound up. When it poured the water to it, it made a big mess. Where he stopped, the crank, rods, and parts of the pistons were laying under the tractor.

and I'm not exagerating. Dumped all the guts right out the bottom.

DieselDood78

Reaction score
The pulling tractors MUST have cables going from one side of the block over the head to the other side. Just for that reason. When the block litterally lets go...things get ugly! A good friend of mine works on a couple of pulling tractors. He has seen that first hand. The reason they use the cables is to prevent that massive piece of metal from killing someone in the stands. They have also had them break front to back...back being the last to let go...and it has killed the driver.

Good times! Crazy stuff!

DD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance