I just had to share.....

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
Dude, those are pretty slick... I love the benz... that things sounds like an old john deer at times... LOL

I liked some of your other videos also... the one 2wheel drive modified pull is wild... that things is smokin :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

pafixitman

Reaction score
Hey Tom,
I had seen some posts "over there" about the ALDA and adjustments etc.

What is it? How does one remove it? (Me likes a little smoke;Really )etc...etc...

Got a new turn signal, complete exhaust, center carrier, and both driveshaft flex plates coming for mine. I need the exhaust and turn signal to squeak it thru state inspect. The driveshaft parts should eliminate what sounds like a bad u-joint.

I found one of my tires is a different size compared to the other three so I need to get that changed also.

So nice driving all week on 10 - 12 gallons!:D

tgatch

Reaction score
The ALDA is an absolute manifold-pressure compensator. It is intended to reduce the amount of fuel delivered under lower boost conditions. With it in place it limits the rack travel on the injection pump. With it removed you have 100% rack travel at 0psi boost.

Basically it is an emissions device to limit the smoke.

As far as removal goes, check this thread out over at Schuman Automotive Forums: Click Here.

You will ned to register to see the pictures.

pafixitman

Reaction score
It would be nice to get rid of that "mash the go pedal, count to 4, and then take off"!

Ah, mods to the Benz already ;Really :backoff ;Sweet LOL

BTW, I'm the same name over there...

tgatch

Reaction score
Oh, it is better, but it is no rocket.

I'm USMC_YMMOT over there.

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be nice to get rid of that "mash the go pedal, count to 4, and then take off"!

Ah, mods to the Benz already ;Really :backoff ;Sweet LOL

BTW, I'm the same name over there...

Aww man I hate to do this but....take a look Joe the ALDA is already bypassed. :eek: Hose goes up to it and then turns right around and goes back...not even going in the ALDA! ;Really I scoped that out too! Drive behind her she smokes pretty good now! ;Sweet

tgatch

Reaction score
If the ALDA is bybased and still attached it never get full fuel... The ALDA NEEDS boost to allow for full fuel, unless it is gutted.

The line goes from the ALDA to an Overboost protection valve and then from there to the back side of the manifold

pafixitman

Reaction score
I will look into it this weekend. Need to get the swiss cheese muffler off first! I also noticed a lot of play in the throttle linkage. Tim had mentioned that as an issue spot. I want to take a pic and post and get some opinions.

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the ALDA is bybased and still attached it never get full fuel... The ALDA NEEDS boost to allow for full fuel, unless it is gutted.

The line goes from the ALDA to an Overboost protection valve and then from there to the back side of the manifold

Oops yah what he said! It's bypassed at the protection valve. The valve on the driver's side firewall. So Joe you're riding around with no protection!! :D

tgatch

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry much about Overboost, but I WOULD get a boost gauge.

The smoke not getting cleaned up might be from a wastegate that needs to be adjusted.

The engine was rated for 1.1bar(~16 PSI), they came from the factory with the wastegate set at ~10PSI. 15 PSI is about the limit for the turbos on these Mercedes cars. I say that because they become a forced induction heater at that point.

pafixitman

Reaction score
I was wondering about gauges. I'm thinking of ditching the butt tray and making a wood plate (cherry?? I have some...) to fit the space and hold a boost and egt gauge.

Never thought this post would go so many directions, did ya?

tgatch

Reaction score
Hey.. it's nice to see activity in the Mercedes Section

My butt tray is going to house my switch over stuff when I put in WVO set up in.

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering about gauges. I'm thinking of ditching the butt tray and making a wood plate (cherry?? I have some...) to fit the space and hold a boost and egt gauge.

Never thought this post would go so many directions, did ya?

Oooohhhh I'm glad you mentioned the butt tray. When you take it out (it just falls out anyway) be careful of the little blue wire. I was installing the stereo and B was getting upset with me cuz we were going to her parent's for supper.....anyway....I had to finish up in a hurry and I grounded the radio under the butt tray; it was quick and accessible. Yah might want to find a better ground than that though! :angel: Just didn't want yah wondering what that wire was for! LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.