I found Markinter a pyro. Check 'er out

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that a stock guage for M/D trucks..... Since you would be working the motors harder?

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's definately a stock IH pyro gauge. Some trucks have what they call a "gauge package" available as an option and I'm sure that's one of the extra gauges in the package. There's probably an oil temp gauge, boost gauge and maybe a trans temp gauge......just like the gauges we buy for our light trucks.

My 4800 had the option for a full compliment of gauges, rarely are they ordered, though. Most buyers just don't want to spend the extra coin for a package like that. Prolly costs $500 bucks.

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
Too cool! It's got the IH part number! I can get our fleet guys to order some for our "slightly fuel-enhanced" trucks. Thanx Duke!

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See if you can get the part number for the sender assembly, too!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure if the sending unit is included.

Mark, where are you, bub? See what I found??????? :)

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a pic of my pyro/boost gauge in my 4800. The picture isn't close-up enough. It's over to the right closer to the passenger side:

Attachments

• my pictures  20001.jpg
    my pictures 20001.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Markinter

User Registered
Reaction score
Man! I'm gone for a few days and the website has been upgrade :thumbsup:

The day after I got back from my work trip I went camping at the beach for a few days with the family.

cool gauge :Thumbs Up
Will it fit in my cluster, my gauges seem to be square but that could just be the window?

Looks like I've got some catching up to do LOL .

Attachments

• camping.jpg
    camping.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 27

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude!!! Your truck must really turn heads at camp sites!!

The gauge would have to be drilled into your dash. It won't fit in the square stock openings.

I'm almost positive it goes in an International "Eagle". That's one of their big OTR tractors.

It's an easy install. Just get a 2 or 2&1/8" hole saw and have at it. Hook up for a pryo is so easy on our trucks.

Markinter

User Registered
Reaction score
The comments at campgrounds are usually "sure you have enough truck for that trailer?"

Nevrenufhp and I were looking at my turbo and exhaust mani for a place to drill for the pyro probe and my options seemed to be limited. The non oem gauges have a more detailed face and probably better illumination. I was trying to think of a spot were I could have the gauge facing up slightly.

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's easy, just drill right into the mani. between the ********* tapered intake pipe and the turbo. Anywhere along the mani. works, but I wanted mine centered. :thumbsup: It'll read a little high since it's basically probed right off one of the cylinders, so it'll be a tad lower in the turbo itself.

Mount the pyro gauge in the sheetmetal over to the right of your heater controls. Should have room there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online