Hydroboost Master Cylinder Question

agp23109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last spring I installed a hydroboost set up and used th master cylinder that was already in the truck. Is there much difference in braking performance if I were to use the master cylinder from a superduty? I know they push more fluid but does the translate to better stopping power once the RABS and the rest of the system designed with a vacuum booster in mind is factored in? Just wondering if I should swap master cylinders. Truck stops much better now but not like I hear other people describing where the truck damn near locks all fours with the slightest pedal pressure. Only reason I ask is this is my family tow rig and I pull through the Sierras on a regular basis and want all available stopping power. Ohh, and my rear brakes are adjusted and nice and tight.

tknomaj

Reaction score
It is not that at the slightist touch they will lock up all fours. It is that they repsond so much better. My truck has 37's and without hydroboost was scary:eek: put a 25 foot trailer behind it and you drove on pins and needles. With the hydroboost if I stand on brakes as in panic stop it will lock up all four tires with 37's . Much more braking power and control I would not go back to save my soul. Do as You see fit but if it were me and My family I would be at the parts house buying the pieces required.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70