How tall is my suspension lift?

theSHERPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying to get an idea how tall is the suspension lift kit on the front of my 1991 f350. Can anyone point me to an axle to frame measurement up front, or measure there top of axle tube to bottom of frame on an unmolested similar year F350? A search was unsuccessful.

Also, is there a recommended size suspension lift to fit 37" tires? Thanks.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
It depends on how much flex room you want. 4" week clear 37's without being too task and still leave some nice flex room. The biggest factor with 35"and up tires is rubbing at full steering lock, but I think your leaf springs will give a little more clearance for that versus radius arms. You could probably fit 37's with just 2" of lift, but not a lot of room for suspension articulation. I have 37's on the rear of my gasser at stock 4x4 ride height, but with the 2/2 ton front end, only 35's up front with 3"or less of available up travel.

Unfortunately I can't give you measurements for a stock 4x4 1 ton as my only 1 ton is 4x2 and they do ride lower. Someone else will have to chime in on that.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying to get an idea how tall is the suspension lift kit on the front of my 1991 f350. Can anyone point me to an axle to frame measurement up front, or measure there top of axle tube to bottom of frame on an unmolested similar year F350? A search was unsuccessful.
Don't feel like crawling in the dirt so I'll give you an easier measurement - from the center of the locking hub straight up to the top of the fender well arch should be 24"-25" or so. If you have body lift add its height to those numbers. Anything else you have is suspension lift.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have blocks in the back, you can measure them.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking a factory F350 4x4 the front shock mounts are around 21" apart if I remembered correct.

I found a bunch of measurements on Ford-trucks one time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7