How much atf to put in tank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen quite a bit about using atf in the tanks as lubricant for the pump. I would like to know how much to put in each time I fill up. It surely wouldn't hurt having too much, but I want to make sure I have enough. Thanks.

Jeff

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
"I" put 1 quart in for a full tank of fuel. I try stick with 2 stroke more so then ATF. But i'll use the same doseage with 2 stroke also. Cheap wall mart ATF is quite a bit cheaper then 2 stroke.

But bio is by far the best lubricity. I usually run a mild bio blend

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I agree with whats posted about the atf and the 2 stroke oil. So too with the bio being the best for our systems.

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a full tank of ATF thinned out with rug a lil bit and it ran just like it did the day before

Javier

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I am able to only use a little over 10gals. out of each tank I guess I should add a 1/2 qt. to each tank then. And what is rug?

Jeff

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, you can drop as much oil as you want into the tank. The worst part would be the smoking out of the tail pipes. That's the nice thing about these engines, they are flexible with what fuels you can run.

I tend to run a blend of extras through my tanks, let's just say it's a proprietary blend of mine and I don't normally divulge because it not only keeps the system clean but also seems to be helping with my power and mpg. But I do always add some synthetic 2 cycle in every tank, and I like to add some dino stock ATF. ATF is a wonderful fluid to mix and burn. Even in cars that haven't been run in ages, that's how I learned about the good of ATF in a fuel tank. And I was 15 so this was AGES ago!

Maverick1701

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never really measured it out.. I just dumped a pretty fair amount in the tank and called it good. Never had any issues.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If/when your using 2 stroke oil in the fuel tank, make sure it's the low ash type. There are two kinds if you don't know.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7